SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while clearing statistical open item with statistical key "G"

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We recently changed a particular statistical main/sub from "J" to "G" to account for revenue GL while receiving payment against those open items.

While clearing the new open items with statistical key "G" I am getting an error (>0854). We have Funds Management (FM) activated.

We applied SAP  1938530 - Statistical item cannot be cleared: >0 854 or >0 083 to over come the problem but still getting further error (FKKFMCHK002) .

"Balance is not Zero, cannot make postings".

We did not get this error while clearing open items with statistical key "J" & "H".

Please advise how to overcome this error.

Thanks & Regards

Satyajeet Ghosh

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

Does the statistical item that you are trying to clear have a tax component involved as well?

Would be worth checking SAP Note 1859969 if it solves your issue.

Moreover, there is another note (valid till EHP 6) which discusses the same problem,1721169.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

The current support package already has the correction w.r.t note 1859969. What I more worried is that it was not giving this error when we were using statistical key "J" the problem started only when we configured the same main/sub to post with statistical key "G" and made the relevant changes in posting area 1010.

Please advise what can be the possible cause of error?

Is it required to maintain config in OKB9 for the revenue GL used ?

Thanks & Regards

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

I think you have to maintain posting area 0050 as well for the main\sub combination for which you maintained the posting area 1010 for Statistical key 'G'.

Can you check whether posting area 0050 is maintained or not.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I have never used this posting area. In which scenario is it used ?

Which Main/Sub shall I maintain the statistical or the one for real posting?

Do I need to maintain GL, Co Assignment & Supplement?

Thanks

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

Posting area 1010 (Account Assignments for Down Payments/Charges) is used for mapping the statistical main/sub combination with the real transactions for Clearing Stat. Receivable

For all statistical transactions that you have configured the real transaction in 1010, then you

have to maintain the GL account for the real transaction in Posting area 0050 (Revenue from Charges/Interest for Clrg Stat. Receivable)

If statistical line item cleared as per the above configuration it will posted to the real GL as assigned in event 0050.

Please note that posting area 0050 is only required, where SAP hasn't given a per-defined real transaction,like for Security Deposit psyments, event 0050 is not required. but if you create a statisitical entry after the write-off then, event 0050 is required so that during the clearing of the statistical entry, the revenue is realised.

The supplement only comes into picture, if you want to have a separate GL A/c and CO Assignment for the same set of customers (based on certain conditions), then in event 165 you can do that activity.

So in your scenario, you have to maintain the statisitical main/sub transaction that you configured in 1010 with the revenue GL A/c.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan