Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Transaction Property not Working

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was using a Location Transaction property in one of my transaction to set a Specific Location Object property to Current Location.

But for some reason it is returning nothing.

Is there anything I need to do additionally to get this working?

Also I would like to rip the Latitude and Longitude value from this property by using a rule. Let me know if I need to do anything specific there as well.

For now I am using "Latitude" and "Longitude" rule functions (passing the above mention Location property).

Regards

Madan KM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am assuming you are using Agentry?

What version of the client and what device are using?

In terms of extracting the lat/long using rules that is exactly how I do it.

--Bill

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes I am using Agentry

Version of WPF Agentry Client-70.10.7

Device that I am using is- Xplore Bobcat (running Win 8.1)

For extracting Lat/Long:

Initially I had a location transaction property whose initial value is set to Current Location. And this transaction property is mapped to "Location" Object property.

So after applying the above transaction, I am expecting to have the Current location stored in the above mentioned Object property.

And to get the Lat and Long values. I had a initial value rule, Which uses the "Latitude" "Longitude" rule function for which we need to pass a "Location" Object property. In this spot I m passing the above mentioned "Location" Object property.

As the initial Location transaction property is not initialized with "Current Location" , I am unable to pull the lat/long values also.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

WPF is tricky when working with GPS locations.   I believe the current version is still expecting location data to be presented on a COM port.  Depending on your device configuration you may need to make adjustments or add additional software depending on how the device is presenting the coordinates (COM port vs. location services).

There are plans to change the WPF client to utilize location services as well down the road.  If that is a key feature for you I recommend contacting support to make the request.

If you are also using the ESRI component for displaying maps, that code uses it's own logic to get the current location (and is based on location services) so you may need to cater for both depending on your situation.

--Bill

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

As mentioned by Jason in the below thread, I have changed the initial value rule and now I am able to pull the location and lat/long values from my test device.

Regards

Madan KM

Answers (0)