cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to Build an Agentry Based Mobile App from Scratch Connecting to an SAP Back-end Part 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I use next document

How-to Build an Agentry Based Mobile App from Scratch Connecting to an SAP Back-end Part 1

to understand How-to Build an Agentry Based Mobile App from Scratch Connecting to an SAP Back-end Part 1

I use

- Java 8 update 66

- Eclipse Version: 4.2.2

Build id: M20130204-1200

- Agentry Editor Plugin 70.10.0.9 com.syclo.agentry.editor.feature.feature.group SAP AG

from Agentry_70.10.0_EditorPlugin_x86_64.zip

On the page 52 it is read:

57. Locate the Server installation directory and locate the Java folder:

58. Locate the Agentry-v5.jar file and click Open

59. You will notice that the Jar file is now added to the Libraries

60. Again click on the button

61. Locate the following Jar files and add them to the Libraries

• ini4j.jar

• SAPCommon-121161.jar

• sapjco.jar The first two jar files are part of SMP 2.3 SP01 and the sapjco.jar is part of the SAP JCO installation

1. I can't found Agentry-v5.jar in the Server installation directory : C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\

It is present only in C:\SAP\MobileSDK3\AgentryToolkit\AgentryEditors\

Is it Ok to use this location

2. ini4j.jar,

is in C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\213\data\publishTmpDir\

3. SAPCommon-121161.jar and sapjco.jar NOT Found anywhere.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. Yes that is the new location for that file under SMP3.  It is integrated as part of the server now so the SDK is the best place to get the file.

2. If you have a Work Manager (or other product) license you can get the file from that installer or download from the internet (it's open source).

3. SAPJco is available as a download and SAP Common was part of the SMP 2.3 SDK (or again get from one of the products

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added all required library but still errors haven't gone.

I couldn't find sapjco.jar so I took took sapjco3.jar from the last Sap Work Manager 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I took correct one from sapjco21P_10-20001730.zip

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are changes between sapjco 2 to 3.  The Java Code was setup for sapjco 2.  If you want to use 3, you would need to make the changes for it: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6080c13b-e2d1-2c10-5f88-bd5a9e35d...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen.

I just want to perform steps from the artice "How-to Build an Agentry Based Mobile App from Scratch Connecting to an SAP Back-end Part 1" to understand how Agentry works.

Is it required to use sapjco 3 if I use SMP 3.0 instead of SMP 2.3?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The version of SAP JCo you use is determined largely by what version of SAPCommon jar you are using and the calls you are using in your java code as well.  The tutorial was written under SAP JCo 2 so if you are cutting and pasting code you will want to use JCo2.

--Bill

Answers (0)