cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d output of SAP Visual Enterprise - visualization without plugin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am trying to publish my technical documentation in HTML, using the 3d models created in SAP Visual Enterprise. I've succesfully integrated my .rh and .vds files in an html page, allowing the users to view the 3d model after downloading the plugin. I need to figure out a way to skip the download of the plugin and render the model in a WebGL-like framework, in the case of a particular client that won't allow the installation of a plugin on their machines.

Is there a way to publish my 3d models without using the plugin? Plus, I am interested in ways to add some interaction with javascript to my 3d models, i.e. making a particular part of the model clickable with a link to another page (e.g. e-commerce for purchasing the selected spare part, additional documentation, etc.). Is that possibile using SDK? In the case, can yoyu point me to some resources that document this kind of implementation?  I hope I've been clear enough, in case I can be more clear. Thank you for your support!

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex;

I have had the same challenges as you in the past but my requirement was to output in pdf.  Though I think much of the same functionality is available in html.

In SAP VEA go file >> publish and there is the option to save to pdf (and html).  These formats use the .u3d 3d model format which, though dated, is an open standard.

You might find the standard templates meet your need but it is fairly simple to design your own pdf template in Adobe Acrobat using the VE addins.

As the u3d format is an open standard you should find plenty of resources on line describing how to manipulate it.  It is some time since I last did it but, at the time, I found Adobe the best source of information, for example at JavaScript for Acrobat 3D | Adobe Acrobat Developer Center.

Using this information, I was able to link my 3D model to synchronised text descriptions generated in xml.

This is all on my "todo" list to explore further when I have time but that time never seems to come.

I hope this will help you and am sorry if it is not the full answer you were looking for.

Vic

Former Member

Hello Alex and Vic,

We developed the HTML5 responsive Viewer using the available SDK, into the web collaboration Platform Linkersys, using the Vsiual Enterprise files. Our customers can today navigate in the web site f.e. for the after sale purpose, in their maintenance 3D documentation, in their 3D spare parts management (there is a module dedicated for this), in their interactive virtual training (you can click on your assembly in order to see the 3D instruction) and also the customers have the interactive navigation in the 3D plant line f.e. for the machinery customers. No 3D plugin is necessary to download and you have the compatibility with iOS, Android and Windows.

If you are interested feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Salvatore