cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid URL for WebIDE Data Connection - Authentication Issue?

marccawood
Participant
0 Kudos

Trying to create a new project in the SAP WebIDE (local) and the connection to our SAP Gateway system is proving problematic.

The contents of the destination configuration file:

#ServiceDestination

Description=S26 description

Type=HTTP

TrustAll=true

Authentication=NoAuthentication

Name=S26

ProxyType=Internet

URL=http\://myserver.mycompany.com\:80

WebIDEUsage=odata_gen

WebIDESystem=S26

WebIDEEnabled=true

Looking at the network activity (F12) we see a call to the following URL:

http://localhost:8080/webidedispatcher/destinations/S26/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/CATALOGSERVICE;v=2/$meta...

I assume this is supposed to return the OData $metadata but it's returning HTML - what looks like a form-based login:

EDIT: I know see that we have our own attempt at SSO causing a redirect. This redirect is triggered by a custom Logon Errors page we have which attempts to provide SSO.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems like your system is using Form Authentication which isn't currently supported in Web IDE. I'm not entirely sure where it should be changed (probably under SICF) but please change it to Basic Authentication.

Also I think you should add the odata_abap WebIDEUsage in order to use the service catalog. The odata_gen is used for the Service URL option.

Regards,
Michal.

marccawood
Participant
0 Kudos

Your analysis is correct but I've get to find a fix. As you recommended here, I've set the following value in my service file in the WebIDE:

Authentication=BasicAuthentication

This however, has no effect. Basic authentication is not supported by our gateway and it returns 401 with:

www-authenticate: Negotiate

The browser then tries to do negotiate and responds with:

Authorization: Negotiate YHYGB**********

But we simply get a 200 with the form-based authentication screen.

Would appreciate any help in how to force or enable basic authentication or to support NTLM or SSO cookies.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Setting to BasicAuthentication in the destination will not work because as said your system is probably configured to support FormAuthentication.

Another customer has faced this issue before and I think he was managed to change the authentication in SICF -> Error Pages tab -> Configuration button.

But I'm not 100% sure.

In any case I recommend to consult with some administrator or maybe a security person to assist here, I'm not really an ABAP person..

Regards,
Michal.

Answers (0)