cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Database views in SAP HANA views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please help me the below points.

1. Can we use HANA Database views(Catlog views) in SAP HANA views ?

2. If it is yes, Does it supports all the HANA views. And please let me know which HANA veriosn  will supports.

My requirement is need to use Data base views in all the HANA views(Atttribute,Analytical ,Calclation ).

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Basha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basha,

1. Yes, database views can be used in HANA information views

2. But it supports only in calculation views but not in attribute/analytic views

3. Supporting SQL views in calculation view started from HANA SP10

And Yes, as Anindya mentioned, it can either be done without  creating database views

For that you can just create any information view attribute/analytic/calculation view to get the data from both schema and use the same in existing HANA views.

Best Regards,

Shieesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shireesha & Anindya.

I am aware   the solution which was provided by Anindya Bose. But lot of rework  need to do existing models which went live. Need all the data of both the tables from 2 schemas . Union funcitonality wont support in attributte view.

Regards,

Basha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basha,

Can I know why do you need to use Database(Column views) instead of design time objects directly?

Regards,

Shireesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shireesha,

I have two schemas.

SCH1:              

TABEL1

SCH2:

TABEL1.

My requiremnet is to get the data of TABEL1 from both the schemas and use those data in exsiting models of based on SCH1.

Regards,

Basha

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can take data from both the schema in your model.  For that you do not need to create database views.

Cheers

Anindya