cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table or view does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is an issue in report which populates wrong old data and new data. I checked the source script for the  read from task. Tables used in SQl query are MXWV_approval. MXI_approval.  But when I execute queries like "Select * from MXWV_APPROVAL or select * from MXI_APPROVAL" on DB I face "table or View does not exist"

How this is possible ? could you please help?

Thank you

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjan,

that can happen, if you use a user (probably mxmc_rt) for the SQL query, that has no permission to "see" those tables.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefi,

Thank you for the response. I am using mxmc_oper user for running the queries.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

So it is Oracle DB then? Then you should use "select * from mxmc_oper.MXWV_APPROVAL" or "select * from mxmc_oper.MXI_APPROVAL"

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jay,

I was using the same query as you have posted but error "table or view does not exist". Any other way to find out.

Thank you

Ranjan

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Check if the table or view exists in database and also in which schema?

select * from all_objects where object_type in (`TABLE','VIEW') and object_name = `MXWV_APPROVAL`

select * from all_objects where object_type in (`TABLE','VIEW') and object_name = `MXI_APPROVAL`

Also, I cannot see MXWV_APPROVAL in my database either. I guess it should be MXPV_APPROVAL. SAP add/delete/remove some tables and view during upgrades, may be you have to update the query to use the current table or view.

Kind regards,

Jai

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I get results for both queries

Select * from MXWV_APPROVAL

--

select * from MXI_APPROVAL

And both results come even with the runtime user. I am on IDM 7.2 SP10. Are you both on 8.0?

Answers (0)