cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS UP/DOWN: Execute method results in security popup for WEBGUI.CFG

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my ABAP program, i am using cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute method. when i execute the program from SAP GUI for HTML, i receive a security popup

How can i resolve it?

BTW, Kernel: 742 ; Patch:317

Best Regards

SSA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salman,

Could you please review 1991034 - ITS UpDown: security warning dialog can't be suppressed

and check to see if this resolves your issue.

Kind Regards,

Gerard Ward ,

Support Engineer

SAP Product Support - Netweaver Web Application

Add note link Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your response.

Yes i have gone through this note. Although i am not recieving a certificate security warning, yet i played with different certificate related options in java console (as described in your mentioned note), but still getting same prompt.

Kind Regards,

Salman

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

What are the entrys in your webgui.cfg file:

see the notes

1930270 ITS Up/Down: Execute: program  does not exists

1555523 WebGUI Java applet security redesign

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oisin, issue resolved.

With the help of note 1555523, i was able to put right enteries in WEBGUI.cfg.

The contents of webgui.cfg are:

FILE_EXECUTE_EXECUTABLE_ALLOWED=C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe;

FILE_EXECUTE_EXTENSIONS_ALLOWED=exe;vbs

note that in white list, i had to provide complete path of the application executable.

Although my issue is resolved, yet i would say that the SAP's approach of client side services is very very user unfriendly. In my code, i am calling three different methods of class cl_gui_frontend_services and the user  is receiving about 5-6 java prompts, which is very annoying. When we are using certificates and handshaking mechanism, there should be no such prompts once the certificate has been accepted by the user. if public key is the issue, there should be some private key mechanism but not so much prompts.

Regards

Salman

Message was edited by: salman asghar Dear Oisin, I wdo want to reward you points but i am sorry, i cant see the link to reward points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

As Oisín mentioned: SAP note 1555523 should help. Please read section "Limited usage of several key feature".

Regards,

Cris