Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logoff in Screen Personas 2.0

patrickaagaard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am currently implementing a Screen Personas 2.0 solution with a customer and have come across a problem.

Multiple users need to use the same computer and therefore need to be able to logoff and login accordingly. In order to do so, i have created a "/NEX"-transaction button for this purpose. The button works as expected and the user is logged out when clicked, however when the next guy comes along, he does not have to enter his credentials and is automatically logged in to the previous users account, as i suppose his credentials was saved in the cache.

An example of the scenario can be seen here.

In my search for a solution, i came across note 1777513 - I tried the proposed solution, however this did not work - as i suppose 2.0 is running as an BSP-application. Because of this, i tried the same solution for BSP-icf, PERSOS-icf, and MAINAPP-icf, but with no luck

Lastly, I have tried to come up with a script to handle the task, however i still haven't managed to crack the code.

So, if you have an idea how this issue can be handled please let me know

Best regards,

Patrick Aagaard

kmagons
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

SAP Screen Personas 2.0 is discontinued as of today. Please consider migrating your Flavors to Personas 3.0.

If you are experiencing logoff issues with version 3.0. Please check the SAP Note 1777513.

- Start SICF, look up the /sap/bc/se/rg in case you use Slipstream Engine for rendering or /sap/bc/personas for WebGUI
- Go to Error Pages -> Logoff Page
- Set Redirect to URL: /sap/public/bc/icf/logoff/sap/public/bc/icf/logoff response will contain headers to clear the ‘logon ticket’ cookies

Thank you!

Krists Magons

SAP Screen Personas Dev Team

0 Kudos

Thank you Krists. We are using version 3.0 and we have implemented Single Sign on(SSO) for personas login. The above SAP Note 1777513 is not working in our case and the browser cookies still stay active even though we logoff from the personas SlipStream, SSO keeps this session active. Is there any other suggestion for this Issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you,

Venkata.

kmagons
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

If you are using Slipstream Engine with SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP10 or later, please try redirecting on logoff to /sap/public/bc/se/logoff instead of /sap/public/bc/icf/logoff.

Please create a BC-PER incident ticket if you requre further assistance on this matter.

Thank you!

Krists Magons

SAP Screen Personas Dev Team

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check this KB article to resolve the logon issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickaagaard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We seem to have found a solution to our problem. It turns out, that it was the multiple clients in the system, which was causing the problems.

In our clients situation, end-users will only need to access one client. After removal of the additional clients, the logoff button was successfully closing down the browser session. However, as we would rather reopen the login screen, we changed part of the script in utilities.js in SE80 to the following:

function closeWindow() {

if (inIframe())

return;

window.open('', '_self', '');

//window.close();

window.location.href = '/sap/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp/index.html';

setTimeout(function () {

logoutClose = false;

}, 500);

}

After doing so, login screen was successfully loaded after logoff. The fully functional logoff sequence can be seen here

Thank you all for your effort!

Best regards,

Patrick Aagaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good work!

Dong

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

For Screen Personas 2.0, you should take a look into note 2254620 as mentioned in Personas 2.0 cumulative note 1964257 (and update client as mentioned).

For 3.0, steps mentioned in 1777513 should be enough

Sushant

snigdhodeb_mitra
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Yes, it is possible to end a session after log-out.

I wrote a script to do that.

You need to identity the cookies name and apply an expiry date for that.which has to be set in the past.I have tested it in Persona 3.0 , and since it is a custom code, it will also work in Persona 2.0.

My Script is :

var delete_cookie = function delete_cookie(name) {

document.cookie = name +'=; Path=/; Expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT;';

}

delete_cookie(''); // Provide the domain name of your webpage here ex: 'google.com'

Regards

Snigdhodeb Mitra

0 Kudos

Hi Mitra,

I'm having the same issue as after I log off, the cookies are not getting deleted and upon logging off and refreshing the screen(same page) is allowing me to the system without any credentials.( We use single sign on to login ).

For this issue, i created a flavor for the original screen and placed the log off button in it to add a script suggested by you in above.

I have assigned this script to OnEnter screen event of the button. Not sure if this is correct as it is not triggering.

Also i observed that an error is coming saying that document.cookie is not defined.

Could you please help me in resolving this issue and also want to know how to get cookie names to pass to the script as i can see more cookies in browser.

Thanks,

Venkata.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This KB article should help with the logoff issue, at least for Personas 3.0 - but this is a very old thread, and hopefully you are not using Personas 2.0 anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two ideas that may not be the final solutions but they should work.

1. Make a rule that everyone has to close all browser sessions so next guy has to logon.

or

2. Start the browser in non cache mode (eg, chrome in incognito window).

But I guess you want to have backend to control it. Anyway, just for your inspirations.

Br,

Dong Zhu

patrickaagaard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Thank you for your suggestions, we are aware of these options, however as you also note, we would really like the backend to control it, in order to avoid mistakes!

Best regards,

Patrick Aagaard