cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR can not be used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Transport request are getting created thorough charm in managed system but when try to save objects in it then getting error as 'You cannot use request XXXK940616'. After inspection in TR properties i found that Source client and Target system/client are correct and performing changes in same client in which TR has created.

Anyone faced this issue before ? Is this issue with TMS ? If Yes, how can I correct it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Omkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check the package for the program and check the package to which transport layer it is assigned.

Target of that project layer should be same as your transport.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

As suggested by you i have assigned correct transport layer to package and now i am able to save objects in the corresponding transports.

One more question here related to transport groups may be you can help :

When i am creating workbench/ customizing transport requests through charm then they are getting assigned to /CUSTG/ regardless of type of TR. i.e. for workbench and customizing both are getting assigned to /CUSTG/. Here workbench transport should get assigned to /SAPG/ when they are created through charm. Can i manage this somehow because every time developer has to change the transport group manually for each TR.

Thanks,

Omkar

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar

Somehow missed your thread.!!

I guess it will be defined when you perform stms configuration using extended transport control where you define the transport should be client or system specifics. There see if there is any default system client settings are maitained.

Basically that settings will be lead for the defined transport group and then it will appear there.

I hope it will clarify your doubt.

There

Thanks

Rishav

Answers (0)