cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend My Inbox application to show completed/approved tasks? Is it possible?

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to extend the My Inbox application in Fiori to show the tasks which have been completed/processed/approved.

Is it possible to achieve this? If yes, how can we go about it.

We would want that the user should be able to filter out them as well.

Please share if any information is available on this.

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Gairik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

To achieve this functionality you need to add the status "COMPLETED" in all the references.

1. Go to launchpad designer, open the tile configuration and update the service url as follows

2 . the above step will immediately refresh the count in the launchpad. Now, to see the list of completed work items inside your inbox, please extend the hook controller method extHookChangeFilterItems and fine out the filter array element for "status". You will find in debug mode that there are 4 entries already appended. Just put couple of lines of JS code to "push" one element ("COMPLETED" ).

3. If it still does not work, then we need to review filter default selection logic and override corresponding method accordingly.

Regards,

Gairik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member104848
Participant
0 Kudos

With My Inbox 2.0 , this is available Out of the Box. See :

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I had similar requirements from customers but solution was app analytical apps after I analyzed real business scenario.

Could you share the business use case?

+ Role, User - Who will use the app?

+ Contents - What kind of contents? FI documents? MM documents? etc.

+ Action - What is the follow-up action after users see completed workitems? Nothing?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

This is for the senior managers who would want to review their previous work items that have been approved already. In the Enterprise Portal using the Universal Worklist they can change the ‘Show’ drop down to ‘completed tasks’ and it will show all the previous work items they have reviewed/approved.

So basically they want the similar functionality as UWL in portal. And it is across documents, not specific to MM, FI etc.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this or is there an app available or planned for this?

Regards,

Karan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

It is not available out of the box but you can extend UI and backend OData.

Please write a blog when you have implemented a solution.

Regards,

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sure Masa,

Will post the solution if I am able to implement.

Regards,

Karan

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Can you please explain what is the use of the Executed Status?

Regards,

Karan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

You can search it in help.sap.com.

Status of a Dialog Work Item - Roles in Workflow - SAP Library

There are several FMs or methods for accessing workflow "outbox". Research about outbox.

Regards,