Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to update support package SAP_BASIS component

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to update support package SAP_BASIS In our IDES so that i can plan for updation of our main servers in the weekend. But i am not able to update the support pckage and i am not getting any clear indication of the error. I have increased all the memory statistics and there is sufficient db space.But i am not able to understand what the error actually is. Please do help.

I am attaching the abap error in the text file below.

Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh.

1. Have you check the over all free disk space in DB folders?

2.  Refer the SAP KBA with symptom 2

1931223 - ASE SQL Error 1105 - ASE database data and/ or log segment is full

Regards

SS

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ADARSH,

Just re-execute the step in dialog and you will get the proper error message.

It is waiting for SPDD and SPAU check.

From the ABAP DUMP it is clear that your transaction log has got full. You need to take the backup of transaction log and retry to re-execute the step.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for ur reply. I have done it in dialog mode also but before stating SPAU_CHECK the system automatically goes to background for execution.

I am taking the transaction log backup daily using truncate_only. However when i am trying to take the tran log backup at some particular location it is asking the database to be dumped first. Should hat be done?

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adarsh,

You are taking transactional backup everyday and as per comments your system is having sufficient space too then you should look at following SAP note:-

2021158 - SYB: transaction log full causes too many connections errors

Regards

Anand

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I went through the note provided by you and i was getting the same errors in my system also.Our kernel version is 721.Hence i checked for the dbsl_lib patch 351 for sap kernel 721. But i am not able to find it in service market place. Is that patch available in the kernel itself. Should i again install kernel 721 release version. Need your suggestions.

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adarsh,

Please confirm if you have taken transactional backup of the system.

If not take it and continue.

let me know the result.

Regards

Anand

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I take it everyday.

Regards,

Adarsh