Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR for finish product and Delivery - steps without production order

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Assembly+Process+in+Project+Systems?original_fqdn=wiki.sdn....

I have completed all the steps given in the above link, now we can create a Project by creating a sales order. Now I need your help to complete the process.

We are using only PS module and not PP module, so no bom and routing available to make production order, But we use finish material in sales order and we make goods receipt for that material by entering -ve qty in the Project, now we want to change that, We do not want to make gr by -ve qty.

so what will be the right process - From another thread I come to know that you do not need finish material stock in system - so please let me know how can we achieve this.

I am not able to understand the functionality of CNS0, is this tcode used for just creating delivery? dont we need to do PGI?

regards,

Solomon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use CNS0 to create a Delivery Document.  This delivery is a Delivery without reference to a material.  It is used when you need the functionality of a Delivery Doc (Packing List, Shipment Notification, other paperwork, etc.).  You do not do PGI with this document.  COGS is whatever was posted to the WBS and settled.  Revenue can post to the WBS from the Sales Order when you do billing.

Now you could do the negative component for a material and then post a consumption to the WBS.  Here's what you're going to get:

1.  The FG must be costed either manually or by CK11N.  Probably can't use CK11N because you aren't using PP for this material.  So you need to cost it manually and enter it on the mateiral master.

2.  Post a Goods Issue of the negative quantity material.  This will credit the WBS with the material cost and debit inventory.

3.  Do a normal Delivery of the FG and PGI it from inventory. Nothing posts to the WBS here.  You will get a credit to inventory for the value on the material master and a debit to the Sales Order.

4.  Now, on the project, you are left with the variation between your actual costs posted to the project and whatever you entered on the FG material master.  This delta will be settled whereever you put on the WBS settlement rule.

Standard Make to Order process is the fist process.

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

thank you for reply, please let me check and Ill get back to you.

regards,

Solomon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to get material after production in stock you need to assign material in -ve so while confirming activity you will gr that material in project stock. +ve quantities will be assigned for consumption.

finished goods will GR and then only you will able to deliver from Project.

if you do not have material in stock than how could you deliver that material.

thanks

Sunil

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sunil,

Thank you for replying, my point is that the -ve qty is the trick to get the stock of fg. is there any other way to get the stock from project.

one thread says that you do not need to have stock for FG in project. it is for reference only. is it true?

regards,

Solomon

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont think without using -ve quantity for FG you will get material in project stock. if you see PP scenario you will get to know how SAP Process you have to assign FG in production order and all BOM items will be consumed with help of routing and FG will come in Stock.

same way when you confirm activity with -ve quantity of material will GR  as project stock.

any when you get material in stock you can create delivery via CNS0.

thanks

Sunil

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sunil,

thank you for the post, I will get back to you once tried into the system.

but what is the difference between delivery by CNS0 and issue in CN25, I see no difference between them, may be in CN25 only auto goods issue happen. am I right?

regards,

Solomon