cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Condition value changed after manual input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

seeing this scenario the first time.  we have a Z freight condition type that we are able to add manually to the invoice item..   when we add the manual price under amount, the condition value is shown different than what was entered.  I tried looking into config to see if there are any formulas but not seeing any.  first screen shot shows the condition amount entered, then you can see the condition value is different than what was entered.  the second screen shot shows the condition detail.  is there a FM I can put a break point to see how it is calculating this condition value?  Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is always nice to see a forum member who has performed some checks in the system before asking for help.

If you are determined in the future to use debugging to find out how a specific value is calculated, I would recommend that you read . It is not among the most popular reads in SCN, so you might have missed it. However, debugging pricing is an onerous task for functional consultants, so I would resort to that only if nothing else helps.

From what I have tried in my IDES system, I could reproduce the behavior, which you describe, only if manual entries on item level are also allowed for the condition type, the condition was entered in the preceding document and subsequently the value was modified on item level in the invoice before saving.

Have you double-checked that no changes to customizing were imported lately?

Are you able to reproduce the issue in a test environment? If yes, then one possible root cause could be some side effect of a custom development. A very useful tool for checking what you have in the system is transaction PRCAT - analysis tool pricing. It is well documented in SCN, so you will have no problem understanding how to use it to your advantage.

If, despite all your efforts, you were unsuccessful to reproduce the case in DEV/QAS and there were no recent changes to pricing conditions/procedures/developments etc. I would also check for update terminations/dumps (this could be a problem, because the document is almost one month old, but still worth the try).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The screen shot shows Condition Origin as G which means, it is a header condition but you have indicated that you have manually added to invoice item.

For better clarify on what circumstances, system will prompt condition origin as G, have a look at the following note which explains in detail

• Note 876617 - FAQ: Header conditions/header condition screen

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Durga sharma,

As per my knowledge, with the screen shot i understand that you are using the header condition pricing. if you use header condition pricing system will distribute the amount to all items. so that for you it looks different amount.

Regards,

Sreekanth.V