cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for rection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

I have configured the reason for rejection in IMG according the client requirements but once i select the reason for rejection in sales order and save it it is getting saved and it also allowing me to create a billing document. now my question is how to cancel the sales order so that further process does not happen.

thanks in advance

psrraju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the previous post I meant delivery. I don't think you can block a delivery with the rejection reason...

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean the standard reason for rejection. There are a few standard rejection reasons. Which one did you use? I've tested all of them and only the one with the BIC flag blocks billing (one I created). Are you sure you don't have a billing block on the sales document header?

Also I don't think you can block billing with the rejection reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is correct. Just select the delivery block in your sales document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that the rejection reason you are selecting has the indicator BIC flagged. That indicator ensures that the specific line item will not be relevant for billing. You need to set the rejection reason for all items in your document to ensure that bthe billing of the sales doc does not occur.

The config for the rejection reason is under the following path:

IMG>Sales and Distribution>Sales>Sales Documents>Sales Document Item>Define Reasons For Rejection

regards

Michalis Papadopoulos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michalis,

I have selected the BIC flag but still it is not working and even in the standard reason for rejection the BIC field is not selected

thanks&regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the system is not allowing to create quotation from inquiry then its clearly the copy control problem. Check in the copy control for inquiry to quotation in the header level copying requirements should be 101(ie.same customer) and at the item level AFX or AFN to AGX or AGN the copying requiremnts should be 301Item rejection reas.

Let me know if still problem occurs

Regards

Simu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once u specified the reason for rejection at line item level in a sales order system does not allow those items in the document for further processing.that is the reason why u r unable to create quotation with reference to inquiry.

withregards,

kirankumar vemula

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think u have not assigned it to ur sales doc type. check it out

cheers,

anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i dont think Reason for rejection is assigned to any order type.

you said that you are able to create billing. so are you creating billing with reference to a delivery doc.? Did it allow you to create a delivery? or are you directly billing the order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil,

The reason for blocking is already defined and assigned it to sales document type.

but question is not to block i want to cancel the sales order.I tried in IDS it is working fine.i.e i created a sales order and i defined a reason for rejection to the line item and i saved it. and then i tried to create a delivery but the system is not allowing me to do the delivery.

the same thing i tried for inquiry and quotation it is working fine.i.e i created an inquiry with reason for rejection and i created a quoattion with refernce to the inqiry i created but it is not allowing me to create a quotation with reference to inquiry.whether there is any alternative

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

i got ur point. u wanna cancel the sales doc. by keeping the reason for rejection which u have created. right? and it is not working.

check it by seeing any other reason for rejection. check whether the system reacts the same way. hope u r doing this in quality.

cheers,

anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anil,

I tried by using another reason for rejection but still it is allowing me to do further processing

thanks&regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you let us know what is the error message it is displaying.

Regards

Simu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi simu/michalis,

Hi guys now it is working fine i have selected BIC field, but now i have one more doubt how can we can we block for delivery process.

thanks alot to all of you

raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh its good that its working.

For delivery block

IMG->Sales and distribution->sales->sales documents->.defind and assing the reason for blocking. Here you assing the blocking reason to the sales order type.

while sales order processing,select the delivery block just below the requested delivery date.

Reward if this helps

Regards

Simu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi simu,

i dont want to block the delivery, what i need is based on reson for rejection the system has to block the delivery.

one more thing i just checked in IDS reason for rejection the BIC field is not flagged for Standard reason for rejection but still it is working fine i.e it is not allowing me to do the delivery and billing process

thanks&regards

raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

i dont think deleting the sales order a right option.

try to give other reason for rejection and c if it also doesnt stop creating a billing doc. if it does stop creating a billing doc. then there must be some errors in ur customization for 'reason for rejection'

cheers,

anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Based onthe reason of rejection you cannot block delivery or billing blocks this is SAP standard. The rejection reasons are used mainly for the sales order items and their behaviour in next level of documents like Not relevant for billing,Resource Item Open Again,Not relevant for billing. so inorder to block the whole sales order by default,you can assing the blocking reason for sales order to sales order types at IMG->Sales and distribution->sales->sales documents->.defind and assing the reason for blocking. Here you assing the blocking reason to the sales order type. By default the sales order will be blocked after the order is created.

If you want to block the delivery and billing respectively assign the blocking reason steps in delivery and billing.

Reward if this helps you

Regards

Simu

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is for my info.

Where did you configure the reason for rejection in IMG. can you pls let me know the path

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration pathh is:

IMG-sales-sales document-sales document item-define reason for rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SitaRam,

Clarify a few things:

1. How many line items are there in order and to which you have asisgned reason for rejection?

2. If a sales order is alreday created you can delete the same by going to VA02 - Sales document - delete

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined only one line item and i assignedreason for rejection to that particular line item only.