cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Connection Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a connection to data using a Generic ODBC connection from Information Design Tool, and I am getting errors.  The vendor whose data we are trying to connect to, is asking me to get... "the ODBC requirements imposed by SAP Business Objects".     Is there anyone that can provide these requirements for me please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create the system DSN for connecting ODBC drivers.For this you need the user credentials who has access on the database which you are going to connect.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get through all of that successfully.   It fails when I try to create a connection in UDT or IDT using that DSN to connect.

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathryn,

What's the kind of database is the data source? Are you using the correct drivers when creating a connection in UDT/IDT?

You were able to create a DSN successfully, and are having a problem with creating a connection in UDT/IDT... Do you have enough privileges to create connections? Can you confirm that with the BO Admin?

Also, post a snap of the error message, that might help us to troubleshoot the issue better.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathryn,

Try restarting your IDT and check.Even I faced the same problem.