cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need help pulling data model version (all) comments added during check in, also need to capture each data models size.

I did write a script pulling 'VersionComment', however results pulled only 5 data model comments out of a total of +1200 data models.????

For data model size, what data element holds this content?

Help much appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having difficulty adding files into this system. Tried both a zip & xls files.  No cut & paste options..here...is that correct?

former_member182952
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

You should be able to attach the following file types up to 1.0 MB:

.asc, .txt, .text, .xml, .xsl, .gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .jpe, .ics

Adam

0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you have an little error in your script.

Put your script in this message and we can help you.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No replies?  I'm new to this forum...is the best place to introduce PD Repository questions?

former_member182952
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

This is the best place to ask your PowerDesigner questions online.  Another option would be to open an incident through the Portal if you have a support plan with SAP. 

Are you able to provide the script?  Other users may be able to help if they see an example of what you have so far. 

Adam

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Attached is code sample.

It visits each folder in the repository and lists all files in that folder. Plus prints version comment

for each file and saves the output in excel.

I cannot find information about model size in repository API.

Since check in /check out does not change a model size.  You can write code to get

size value and put it in version comment before chceck in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You, sample code is under review.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philip,

I added ModificationDateInRepository and VersionComment for RepositoryModel. However, in output, ModificationDateInRepository's value is coming as '12/31/1969 6:00:00 PM' for all repository models and version comments are blank. However, these fields has values in repository. Any reason for it?

Thanks,
Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

received the same results...no VersionComments presented in result set.  are there attachment restrictions for zip & xls files?  I'm trying to send helpful script and result sample set.

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like a bug.

When you see system epoch date 12/31/1969 or 1/1/1970, it means the file never gets update

after it has been checked in.  Somehow repository API never go to find version comment if the

the file has epoch date stamp.

If you check out a file, modify it and check in again, you'll see correct date and version comment

from the output.

Please open a case with SAP.