cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select privileges to a restricted user on views/tables in SYS schema

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking to create a restricted user for monitoring that I can allow to query views/tables from the SYS schema. So for example, the user can carry out a SELECT * FROM M_CS_TABLES.

Using the SYSTEM user I unable to assign an object privilege to the SYS schema. However i appear able to assign an individual SELECT privilege to an object within the SYS schema with the SYSTEM user. So far I have tested assigning M_CS_TABLES and M_CS_UNLOADS. I can query these with the restricted user but not other system views understandably.

As the PUBLIC role is not part of the RESTRICTED user, and this is a role that allows a standard user to query the SYS schema objects. My question is, is it possible to add a role or block add a group of object privileges for the SYS schema to a RESTRICTED user? Or would i need to add them one by one to each user? There are a lot of system views and would take a lot of time to do for each user. So basically looking to see if there is a way to build back towards the PUBLIC role but without the full benefits of it.

Thanks

Grayem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There are public synonym also for those tables. 

select * from "PUBLIC"."M_CS_TABLES"  would work.  Wouldn't that help you ?

I am not sure about security much, for that please wait for someone to respond.