cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: How to export several related flavors in ONE .zip file by one run?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 3.0 experts,

In Personas 2.0 it is possible to export multiple flavors into one file by running Export only one time. This is useful when there are several flavors related to the same project and you get one file containing all backup flavors.

I am looking for the same way of exporting several flavors into one .zip file by exporting one time in Personas 3.0. So far I can only export flavors one by one into different files.

Does anyone know how to export multiple flavors into one .zip at one go?
Thanks!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas and Vipul,

Many thanks for the helpful replies. But my issue was exactly how to make multiple selections - normally I press "Flavor ID" field icon which pops out single selection (ie, no row selection cell at each row). Thus I put your answers as helpful which did help me.

Just for helping other people who may have different level of SAP knowledge, I put EXACT steps here as THE correct solution:

To export multiple flavors into one .zip file in Personas 3.0, follow these steps:

1. run "/n/personas/flavors" tcode

2. In the field "Flavor Owner", fill your user initial, eg, XYZSH

3. Press "Search" btn, now a multiple selection table is shown.
4. Hold control and click the FIRST cell of the rows to do multiple selection

5. Press "Export" and save into a file

Hope this will help some people who may be as less experienced as me. 🙂

Dong Zhu

<<P.S:>>  Just some thoughts about tooling UIs

It is the naming of the UI and tools that confused me: When I start the admin tool, on the UI, there is a group called "Flavor Maintenance". But via GoTo>Mass Maintenance>Flavor maintence, it leads to another tool /personas/flavors (run prog flavor_ui), and UI is also called "Flavor Maintenance". But these two UIs offer partially same functions and partially different functions - very confusing. It would be a lot easy if they were named differently.

Sorry to say this, but some of the SAP UIs are really difficult to use because of such "indirect" process logics that are hidden behind the UI presentation. If they are really have to be made in such a way, it would be a great benefit to privide as much as possible the help tips to the users.
Eg, in group Flavor Maintenance, put a (?) hekp mark, if uer press it, just show the short info as Tamas' reply guiding how to exprt flavors to a file etc.

I really like the way used in Personas 2.0 scripting tool where there is a question mark (?) that shows what and how the script object's functionality is about.

0 Kudos

Dong,

Feedbacks are always welcome!!

But your description of confusion is a bit confusing. On admin initial screen, you have like shortcuts/quickaccess/single flavor,theme.resource..etc then you can goto Mass Maintenance for same objects either through Menu or respective transaction.

Have you checked our personas portal/wiki and help.sap.com? All these information are already there.

Sushant

0 Kudos

may be how to select multiple lines in a grid won't be there in our documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

True, now I realise that the admin init UI is for single flavor maintain. It would be a lot clear if on UI it could display like "Single Flavor Maintenance".

Those are just my feedback which may not all valid as I am still learning and appreciate all the help info. Anyway, it would be always a good idea to have enough help info on UI (this is real world) instead of expecting users to read manual (this is ideal world).

The followings may be some reasons differencing the real world and the ideal world:

1. If everythings are expected to be found in the ref docs, ideally all ref docs have to be updated in good time and old docs should be removed. This will require extra efforts to maintain docs. But in real world users could often land onto some outdated docs without awareness.

2. Even users have read ref docs, in real world it is not practical to expect that users can remember all the contents from the docs. Sometimes after a while, it is even difficult for users to find the right docs. So a link to the docs on the UI would be really helpful, like the help doc links in Personas 3.0 UI. 🙂

Regards,

Dong

0 Kudos

agreed and we try to make sure that our docs are updated.

Also, talking about links, Personas 3.0 client as well as backend is connected to all the docs.

In client on top, you have your question mark button.

in Backend, most of the screen have it at places where its relevant for now.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Please find the steps.

Transaction : /PERSONAS/ADIMN

Goto - Goto -> Mass Maintenance -> Flavor Maintenance

Provide selection for your flavors.

Select your all flavor that you require to export by selecting multiple rows with the help of CTRL button.

and Click on Export button or F7.

A popup for saving the .ZIP will open just provide your path and save it.

regards,

Vipul Koladia

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Or from the Admin transaction, Goto -> Mass Maintenance -> Flavor Maintenance, list your flavors, mark them, then 'Export'.

0 Kudos

use transaction

/personas/flavors

/personas/themes

/personas/resources