cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SUM how to get stack.xml ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to apply on SAP PI (7.4 dual stack) server a notes. So I downloaded SUM 14 sp. On step 3 [Select Target] a have a problem with stack.xml file. I do not understand how I can get this file ?

Please, help me!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Try referring the below link

How to Create Stack.xml file Screens Step by Step - SAP BASIS ANSWERS | SAP BASIS ADMIN BLOG

But seems to be a basis query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sritharan,

I do not have SOLUTION MANAGER..is it possible to get stack.xml without SM?

Thx for reply.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I dont think we can generate stack.xml file without solution manager. Please check the below link.

How to Get Stack XML File for EHP5 Without Solution Manager - Toolbox for IT Groups

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Seems not possible. Check the below link.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1887936.

For more clarifications you can close this thread and raise the query in solution manager or basis links.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

stack.xml can only be produced from Solution Manager, but you still can proceed with patching individual components (for example, applying patches / code corrections provided via SAP Notes) even if you don't have stack.xml and due to any reason cannot generate it. As an alternative to option involving submitting generated stack.xml, you can use an option "Manually prepared directory" and specify location of the archive files that you downloaded and that contain patches which you want to deploy. Refer to SAP Note 1641062 and Manually prepared download directory option from Software update manager (SUM) tool - Software Logis... for more details.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Do you know how to check SAP Notes from SM ?

Thanks for reply!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex.

You can get the SAP notes from the below link.

http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The link is https://support.sap.com/notes.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I mean, in SAP ABAP you can use SNOTE transaction, another way JSPM(for java) or SUM (for both stack). But I don't know how to check if note will implement on my server. It's like SNOTE transaction. When you upload note and then you can check it.

Thanks for reply

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

OK, got it. I thought you refer to "SM" as a short form for "Service Marketplace".

When attempting to deploy patches using manually prepared directory in SUM, before actual deployment phase, SUM scans the specified directory and discovers which patches for which software components are located there, then verifies which software components (release, SP, patch level) are installed on the target system and validates if discovered patches are relevant or not. As a result of this validation, it generates a report where you can see which discovered patches can be deployed and which cannot.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Yes, you are right SM - Solution Manager.

Where I have to download this notes?

I tried to download from note (txt file) and put it in folder for Manual type. But I got an error when I :

Error: The directory contains invalid archives. For more information, see TargetVersionReport.html

Here you can see on path C:\Note list of notes and I got the error..