cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter move XML File with wrong XML Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the Sender File Adapter.

My Scenario: File to IDoc iFlow

Recently the File Adapter transmitted a File successfully eventhough the XML File Structure was incorrect. I got an Error in the Monitoring but the File has been moved from the "to Process"-Folder to "Success"-Folder.

the XML File miss severeal closing tags:

Tried Solution:

I enabled the Option "XML Validation by Adapter " in the Sender File Adapter. And tried to Send the File , and this time also the File has been transfered from "to process" to "Success" Folder.

Why is not PO moving this File to Archive due to Error in XML Structure ?

What I want to achieve:

If there is an XML Structure error in the File that should be transfered from Sender File Adapter, the File should land in Error-Folder.

Thank you for you help.

If a Sourcefile is faulty, it should go to this defined Source:

br Gireesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gireesh,

File adapter will move the file to error directory only for permanent error.

35. File Sender Error Handling

• Q: I have configured a File Sender channel with File Content Conversion or a custom-developed module, which may throw an exception. When the File Adapter encounters an invalid file, which triggers a conversion error or an exception in a module, the adapter will enter a retry interval and upon each following processing attempt try to process the faulty file. This basically prevents the File Adapter from picking up files that are located after the fauilty file according to the configured sort order. How can I change this behavior?
  • A: When the File Adapter encounters an invalid file i.e. when it receives a permanent error from the configured modules, it archives the file in directory for archiving files with error. For this, the parameter 'Archive faulty source files' should be configured in the file Adapter sender channel. There were some issues with this option which has been solved with latest patches as mentioned in the SAP Note 1707766 and 1747163.

Check below SAP Notes also.

2074009 - Archiving faulty source files in file adapter

1963283 - Archive faulty source files option does not work properly in File Adapter

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gireesh,

Try as per the below link

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gireesh,

The XML file which was having missing structure has failed in PI in Message mapping if i am not wrong.

The sender file adapter moves the file to archive folder as soon as it picks and sends it to next step i.e in your case as you are picking XML file their is no conversion in sender channel so which is successful with no issues.

And regarding XML validation are those structure which are missing in the file are mandatory ? if mandatory it should have failed try re-activating the  ICO . Or give a try validating that particular XML with any online tool against your XSD.

Br,

Manoj