cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Project/WBS Planning Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Champs

I need your help in understanding this requirement.

I have to migrate Project/WBS Planning from one server to another in our data Migration project.

Now I know that the data is saved in table RPSCO and function module "KBPP_EXTERN_UPDATE_CO" can do the trick.

However I am not able to get which data is Planning data as in in the same table RPSCO we also have data for other things.

So what combination of Value Type ,Budget Type will give me Project/WBS Planning.

Also I am not able to get what parameters needs to be passed in "KBPP_EXTERN_UPDATE_CO".

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanu,

In RPSCO, if you use value type 1 - it is plan. I guess this is sufficient to get the plan data from RPSCO.

You can also try the combination of tables COSS and COSP

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Terence

Thanks for your reply

Can you tell me which field contains the value of Planning data in RPSCO table

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanu,

First I prefer to manually calculate the planned cost of the WBS element.

From RPSCO table

You can see the line item with value type 1 is the planned cost. You need to think whether you like to pick data's from period values or annual values. Respectively you have to consider the remaining fields.

Consider the second line, which has a plan value 4,000,000.00 USD in Period 1, year 2011, you need to cross check in CJ40 / CJR2 to confirm the values are same etc. It should be same.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I took the following data:

In cj40 also

Now by using function module I am trying to change the value

By providing value 116.00.00 in table it_bpak of fm "KBPP_EXTERN_UPDATE_CO".

But I am getting following error:

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanu,

The data maintained in CJ40 is incorrect.

Then should have total up, the message shows the Overall value is less than cumulative value. Like the overall value is 1000, but the cumulative value is 1500.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence.

Solved my issue

I just need one more help

Can you throw some light on Budget Type.

The function Module that I am using for creating WBS/Project Planning in its documentation it states that it can only take value 'KSTP' and 'KSTR' .

Is it possible for WBS/Project Planning to have other values of Budget Type also in table RPSCO

Also another weird thing I noticed .Values KSTP and KSTR do not appear when I do F4 budget type in table

Do you have any idea

Regards

Message was edited by: tanushree das

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanu,

Budget types will tell you how the transaction is posted.

When you post in CJ40, it will be having budget type KSTP, if you post through CJ42, then it will KSTR

Planning can be done in many ways, it is required to capture all the Budget type with respect to value type 1 to get the correct value. Refer another report transaction CJI4 for your requirement also.

Budget type, you need to pass it, in F4 its not visible, but in RPSCO you can filter using that data.

On the technical part...FM etc i am very weak, you need to check in ABAP forum.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence for all the help!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RPSCO is a reporting info structure.

Data migration means moving systems which might include master and transactional data not just reporting.  What are you trying to accomplish?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Ken

I just have to create WBS Planning through code..

Yeah Project/WBS Planning is the transactional data we are migrating.