cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistence between active and inactive workspace

Astashonok
Participant
0 Kudos

I experience a strange issue connected with DC deletion. I followed the steps provided by 864515 note, and all went fine until I tried to delete .dcref files of target DCs. Activation of this activity failed and things became so that DC were deleted from inactive workspace buut they are stil present in active.

Then I tried to delete that DC in Web DTR with the help of web activity in that way

but the process again failed with the error "Error: Precondition integrate-of-version-sets-not-allowed check failed."

To put it more clearly, the current situation is:

1. DC files/folders are successfully deleted in inactive workspace, as well as their .dcref files in TopLevelDCs folder.
  2. But all these files (DCs + .dcrefs) are presented in active workspace still.

What is the proper way to fix this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Astashonok
Participant
0 Kudos

I can confirm that I solved the problem by the following actions:

1. Repaired DEV CBS compartment by synchronizing it with DTR (Initialize button)
  2. Recreated all former DCs (their .dcrefs were missing) and then deleted them again according to 864515 note. Checked in and actived activities and released requests.

Worked like a charm!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Astashonok
Participant
0 Kudos
Can you check whether the .dcdef file still exists in the DTR?

Yes, .dcdef files of those DCs still exist in active workspace, as well as DC files themselves. However TopLevelDCs folder of inactive worspace is empty.

Remove the entire DC from your client

The project related to these DCs were removed long long ago.

then Sync the sources (do NOT create a project)

When I try to sync sources I get following exception

Error with input stream provider while reading component definition: Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: C:\Users\Public\Documents\bpm_workspace.jdi\0\DCs\XXX\bpm\rekl\ui\wd\rekl\tasks\_comp\.dcdef (Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: C:\Users\Public\Documents\bpm_workspace.jdi\0\DCs\XXX\bpm\rekl\ui\wd\rekl\tasks\_comp\.dcdef)

Astashonok
Participant
0 Kudos

Bu the way, is it normal, that there are no DCdefinitions in my TopLevelDCs folder, however the DC are present?

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check whether the .dcdef file still exists in the DTR?

Concerning the local only files:

You have probably created a project for this DC in the past, this results in some local only files, like generated build files, etc.

Proceed as follows: Remove the entire DC from your client, then Sync the sources (do NOT create a project), then delete the DC as described in the note.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel

if you delete a resource in inactive then the system creates a "delete activity". activating this activity will take care of getting rid of the content from the active space.

I personally prefer the dc tool when deleting resources. Take a look at this:

Delete DC from Track | SCN

Regards

Ervin

Astashonok
Participant
0 Kudos
if you delete a resource in inactive then the system creates a "delete activity". activating this activity will take care of getting rid of the content from the active space.

Yes, I know. But as I wrote above all the delete activities were activated except those with .dcref files. On the second iteration I was able to delete them (dcrefs) as well, and now TopLevelDCs folder is empty.

What can I do if I don't see anything in inactive workspace? It has already gone.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

he told u to ACTIVATE THE ACTIVITY.

Astashonok
Participant
0 Kudos

The only pending activity in CBS is old dcref activity but it cannot be activated 'cause files had been already deleted. Activation error is following:

Build number assigned: 3819

Change request state from QUEUED to PROCESSING

REQUEST PROCESSING started at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.355 GMT

ACTIVATION request in Build Space "XXXXXXXXX" at Node ID: 498,916,750

[id: 3,733; parentID: 0; type: 4]

[options: FORCE ACTIVATE PREDECESSORS, IGNORE COMPONENT INTERSECTION]

Waiting for access: 4 ms

===== Pre-Processing =====  started at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.359 GMT

List of requested for activation activities:

''company.com_COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1'' compartment

del_dcref

[ISN 23][created by P.ASTASHONOK at 2016-01-28 16:57:56.0][OID 94d9803fc5bb11e5a2a800001dbcdd8e]

There is 1 activity in compartment company.com_COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1

1 activity will be processed by this request

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities... started at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.367 GMT

Analyzing predecessors in compartment "company.com_COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1"

No dependencies to predecessor activities found.

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.369 GMT and took 2 ms

Analyze versions... started at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.369 GMT

List Active Versions Report: "HTTP/1.1 207 Multi-Status" finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.378 GMT and took 8 ms

Resource "/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl infra ear rekl data.dcref" is not relevant for DC build and will be ignored. Reason: Invalid DC URL '/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl infra ear rekl data.dcref'. URL does not point to DCs root directory.

Resource "/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl bl ejb rekl data.dcref" is not relevant for DC build and will be ignored. Reason: Invalid DC URL '/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl bl ejb rekl data.dcref'. URL does not point to DCs root directory.

Resource "/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl ui wd rekl tasks.dcref" is not relevant for DC build and will be ignored. Reason: Invalid DC URL '/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl ui wd rekl tasks.dcref'. URL does not point to DCs root directory.

Resource "/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl pr pm rekl.dcref" is not relevant for DC build and will be ignored. Reason: Invalid DC URL '/SCs/company.com/COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1/_comp/TopLevelDCs/company.com ru bpm rekl pr pm rekl.dcref'. URL does not point to DCs root directory.

< IGNORE > ''company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/bl/ejb/rekl/data'' DC

< IGNORE > ''company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/infra/ear/rekl/data'' DC

< IGNORE > ''company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/pr/pm/rekl'' DC

Synchronize metadata for [company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/ui/wd/rekl/tasks] started at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.384 GMT

Verification of DL [ws/RU-REKL1/company.com_RU-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN/dev/active/] finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.395 GMT and took 3 ms

Verification of cache (level 2: Comparison of attributes) finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.401 GMT and took 6 ms

Synchronize metadata for [company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/ui/wd/rekl/tasks] finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.402 GMT and took 18 ms

< CHANGE > ''company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/ui/wd/rekl/tasks'' DC

Analyze versions... finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.402 GMT and took 33 ms

Analyze activities... started at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.402 GMT

Loading component definitions

Analyze activities... finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.403 GMT and took 1 ms

===== Pre-Processing =====  finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.403 GMT and took 44 ms

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

Error! The following problem(s) occurred  during request processing:

Error! The following error occurred during request processing: I/O error:Unable to load DC definition for

Development Component

"company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/ui/wd/rekl/tasks" in compartment "company.com_COM-BPM-REKLAMATION-MAIN_1" attached to request 3,733

[scID: 569, dcID: 2,136, parent dcID: 0, current state: OK, action: CHANGED]

Original Cause: /usr/sap/DX5/J49/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/498916750/f/.B/3819/DCs/company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/ui/wd/rekl/tasks/_comp/.dcdef (No such file or directory)

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2016-02-04 09:55:17.403 GMT and took 48 ms

But, as I said, those company.com/ru/bpm/rekl/ui/wd/rekl/tasks DC exists only in active workspace and its definiton too. I assume CBS cannot find definition of this DC and that's why it cannot activate it.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this activity for deleting source in inactive workspace?