cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: UI show/hide issue - Hidden GUI controls cannot be shown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In Personas 2.0, there is a UI button by pressing which all the hidden controls are dsiplayed for selection. I could not see such a feature in Personas 3.0. In this post I will adress a special issue to show/hide Ui controls in personas 3.0. Hope someone can help.

Reproduce steps:

run tcode "GUIT" >press Next icon until "Test 1000"

make a copy flavor> Start Edit Mode> Hide 'MenuBar', 'GuiToolBar', 'GuiTitleBar' which are the 3 control zones from top>Save>Exit

Now enter Editing Mode again>try to "Show" the hidden 'GuiToolBar' (ie the 2nd zone from the top)

The issue:

Now on the UI all the hidden zones are clapsed together (see the pic below) and it is impossible to select the hidden control in order to "Show" it again. Since there is no other selection method instead of the UI mouse selection, it seems impossible to show the GuiToolBar again!

Any solution? Thanks!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the "Hide/Show" menu, choose "Expand all placeholders". This will reveal the GuiToolbar so you can then "Show" it again...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks. I got it.

In fact I did not notice that "SMALL" down-arrow icon located that far from the "Show" icon.

It would be a lot clear from UI design point if there was a solid outline around this kind of clickable icon combined with dropdown list. See the pic above.

Making UI clean is a good thing, but not too far reducing the usability.

Set to correct answer.

Dong

Answers (0)