cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create alert for overdue expected event

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in EM wherein we have to raise Email and SMS alert, in case Departure event is overdue.

We have defined the Alert category and currently we are trying to use EE Monitor where we have defined our own Multitask activity and assigned a custom function module to it (custom function module is copy of "/SAPTRX/CREATE_ALERT") and assigned the same to EE Profile. To make an event overdue we are using program - /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_PACK.

This report runs successfully and we get the below message too.

However, it is not going inside our custom function module or any of the task activity which we have defined when we put the break-point there. Can you please guide what are we missing here.

Thanks.

Regards,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I could see two reasons here:

1. It would not trigger your functional module due to previous task was not succeeded, so check boolean condition.

2. Check your rule condition activity which you define to trigger alert task whether it is triggering or not.

Could you paste screen shot of your alert task and give us a log  to check?

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Thanks for your reply.

When we are running the EE Monitor Program, we get the below application log, wherein our custom EE monitor activity is getting triggered.

It has the below config:

1) In the first activity we are checking if the Expected event is "DEPARTURE".

2) In next activity, we are checking if the event is overdue, which is getting failed.

3) In 3rd activity we are calling our custom FM which will be used for sending the alert.

Could you please help us with the below question:

1) In second activity which is getting failed, here are we suppose to choose activity "IS_EE_OVERDUE" or "IS_EE_MSG_OVERDUE"? As part of this particular task we were expecting the system would automatically make the departure event overdue.

2) Currently we are noticing a strange behavior, wherein after running the EE monitor program(/SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_PACK) the event "ARRIVAL_DEST" is getting overdue first, though as per the task we were expecting only Departure to be overdue.

Many thanks for your help here.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I would recommend to debug all your 3 tasks by manually running EE_MONITOR and see what the steps are doing. Somehow your task 2 is returning 1. You should use IS_EE_OVERDUE. Look at other sample tasks and see how they are used in EE Monitor. I would also check the condition for your Event Code and see if your event code is correct in your step 2. It should match the expected event code on the Event Handler.

Based on your question for ARRIV_DEST, your DEPARTURE event may not be overdue yet and that explains why your task 2 is failing for Departure. Please check the date/time when EE_MONITOR runs and see if your Departure event is really Overdue.

If dates look overdue, check your DEPARTURE expected event definition in the EE Profile and see if you have any buffer for the date/time or any other pre-req.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

IS_EE_OVERDUE checks the expected event profile what you configured and makes overdue of events.

Go to IMG -> Event Management -> Event Handlers and Event Handler Data -> Expected Events -> Define Profiles for Expected Events -> Select your Expected event profile -> Update Profile Groups -> Update Profile Items -> Check Expected Event Date and Event Message Date Calculation Rule, Tolerance and Tolerance Rule (Also, check Duration and Duration Sign).  I think, expected event monitor is failing due to the config.

This makes activity IS_EE_OVERDUE overdue when you run /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_PACK.

To clear the concept of Overdue of events, please go through below links where I have given details explanation and how and what to configure.

expected event monitor behavior | SCN

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gopi, I have checked the EE Monitor program behavior, it only triggers the custom activity when the event is overdue, so we don't need this 2nd activity "IS_EE_OVERDUE". I guess we are good to go.

Answers (0)