cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Oracle 10g to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have ECC Ehp4 + Oracle 10g on HP Unix and needs to Migration HANA.

If we wanted to DMO option to Upgrade & Migrate from Oracle to HANA, Do we need below steps.

Step-1: Oracle Upgrade from 10.02 to 11.02

Step-2: Enhancement Upgrade from ECC Ehp4 to Ehp7

Step-3: Migrating Oralce to HANA

As I knew Ehp7 is the min requirement for Hana Migration, Please confirm whether Step-1 is needed or not.

Regards,

Karthik...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member384109
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kartik,

Please follow this SAP Note where mention all migration related information which is you very needful.

2257362 - Database Migration Option (DMO) of SUM 1.0 SP17

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with SAP and the "non committal" response from them is that from now on we have to use SUM SP16/17 for any migration activity to HANA i.e. be it normal or DMO and the minimum supported version of Oracle DB in order to run SUM SP16/17 now is 11.2

This would therefore imply that version 10.2 is no longer supported and an Oracle DB upgrade would be required for those below version 11.2.

With regards,

Neeraj

anandtigadikar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

PAM Matrix check should answers your question-1, before proceeding with Migration.

If it's supported, then DMO should not be issue, it will identify your Source DB ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I tend to agree with Jan based on just logic but then the SAP documentation is very conflicting in itself....there is the NW stack version 7.4/7.5 with minimum Oracle DB version issue and then the mention that DMO can run with a minimum Oracle version of 10.2/10G.

There seems to be no clear cut answer from SAP and within SAP.

Wondering if it is worth upgrading the customer to Oracle 11.2 just to be safe before performing SAP DMO.

Any thoughts or info on this?

With regards,

Neeraj

janlars_goedtke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

10.2 can possibly not be sufficent:

If you include NW 7.4 SP8 needs Oracle 11.2.0.3 is needed during the Upgrade (Note 1951491).

The SUM points to it, too.

Jan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.

1. Refer the latest version of SUM 2161397 - Database Migration Option (DMO) of SUM 1.0 SP14

Step-1: Oracle Upgrade from 10.02 to 11.02

Step-2: Enhancement Upgrade from ECC Ehp4 to Ehp7

Step-3: Migrating Oralce to HANA

Kindly follow the steps to migrate the SAP HANA

Step -1 As rightly said by Ankit upgrade the Oracle DB to 10.2

Step -2 Migrate the Oracle to Hana using DMO method

2. You can refer the SCN thread to understand the DMO migration to Hana. One step to upgrade the exiting version to EHP 7 ERP + DB upgrade + Unicode conversion

Regards

SS

former_member384109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Please check this sap note 1813548 for prerequisites of oracle to HANA migration.

minimum requirement of Oracle is 10.2 or higher.

Regards,

Ankit Patel