Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Means of transport details in sales order

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer wants to transport certain materials in 22GP container through sea  for example. I was trying to find out the correct field where we can capture such details in sales order. Can we use means of transport ID to capture this relevant info or is there any speciifc field we can use to capture such type of equipement speciifcations in sales order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, you have not indicated what data you need to capture in sale order.  Moreover, I presume from your comments that the Business process is an export sales and you want to capture the shipment information.  If my understanding is correct, you can capture the data if any field are un-utilized.  On the other hand, you can have Additional Data tabs in sale order and have whatever fields you want there.  Your ABAP team can do this.  Needless to mention, you won't get such export data during sale order creation but only after the goods issue is posted.  So manually the user has to key in the data via VA02.

G. Lakshmipathi

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From where do you get the information which materials/for which customer/for which document should be in a specific container?

Assuming that you capture somehow this info in the order - what are you going to do with it (print, use for pricing, trigger subsequent activities etc.), which teams, at which processing step need it and how they are using it?

Container treatment is typically discussed in a separate workshop, where people from almost all departments (consultants and business experts) are invited to participate, so that they can agree on the best strategy for the company - sales, warehouse, transportation planning, finance, controlling etc.

If you have not done so, please try to arrange such workshop and clarify the company requirements. If you have already done that, you have a better chance to receive higher quality responses if you provide such relevant information.