cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

can some explain How the Authoring schema and Physical schema will work.

Also, Will it be possible that the Authoring schema treat as source system say HAD(Development System) schema as unique.

Regards,

Varaprasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Varaprasad,

Please search before posting. All information regarding how it works is already in the documentation ( Map Authoring Schema to the Physical Schema - SAP HANA Modeling Guide - SAP Library )

Regarding your other question, what exactly do you mean by schema as unique? Can you use a real case example and describe what you want with further details?

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliveira,

Thanks for your reply and in the below lines i have explained my dought with an example scenario. please check assist me and also help me, whether my understanding is correct or not . If not correct me.

Suppose consider an example, I have schema name as schema1 in Source system (Test system) which will be referring to authoring schema and schema2 in the target system say Development system  which will be referring to physical schema .upto now what ever i defined by my self is understood but Here My question is the authoring schema and physical schema treat schema names as unique.

Regards,

Varaprasad.

thirus11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Why Schema mapping??

Consider you have created a table ‘ABC’ and an attribute view on top of it in your H-dev system.

When you try to export this-

You maintain a mapping table in H-Test to say that the authoring schema (source schema - "SCHEMA1") is same as the physical schema (target schema - "SCHEMA2") and therefore at runtime, instead of looking at "SCHEMA1"."ABC", HANA will look automatically look at "SCHEMA2"."ABC".

Schema Mapping can be used with all content objects (not just attribute views).

Hope you understood!!

Best Regards

Thiru

Answers (0)