cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira - Promoting a Document From Test to Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lumira Community!

I have a client currently using Lumira Desktop to build documents.  Once done, they save these on a TEST BI Platform and access them there.  However, they are having trouble when trying to then promote these to the PROD BI Platform environment and have that connection information updated.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!  If not enough information, what more do we need to know?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris - have you checked/tried the options listed by Ramu here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Tammy!  I am bringing it up with them now.

Much appreciated.  I will let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They took a look at that link and it doesn't seem to fall exactly in line with their use case. When connecting to HANA, there is an interface to enter server information (host/instance). In their development environment they enter credentials for a development HANA database. They'd like to be able to manipulate this during the promotion process to point to their production HANA database. They are using the Lumira plugin to host Lumira documents on the Business Objects Platform.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll have to defer to other community members to reply; I am not working with HANA so I don't know the lifecycle management methods

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can achieve that today using the following approach

• In the Left Menu of Lumira Desktop, click connections
  • Here you can see the HANA connections listed
  • You select the connection and can see all the documents connecting to the same system
  • You can directly change the system details there and click 'Apply'
  • And now all your documents point to new system. Test them out in Lumira desktop if you want to confirm.
  • Publish them to your production system now.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the quick response, Ashutosh!

Sadly, this is more of a manual effort than they had hoped for, and a bit too prone to human error. Are there any options for using an OLAP connection within Lumira?

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Today, this is the only way I would say. Though manual, this still allows you to modify connection for multiple documents by just changing one entry.

In Future releases, you can expect BIP Managed connections support for HANA. This will allow you to use LCM workflow in BIP to change the source.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (0)