Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Table of Content in Contract Document

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

We are implementing SAP CLM 10

We need to insert a Table of Content in the generated CDs.

I inserted the ToC tag in the CD template but I get an error message when I then open the CD and the ToC is not generated.

Of course the ToC is at the very beginning of the document.

That is easy to generate the ToC in the Word document after generation but I am wondering if CLM could generate it.

This is a style-based custom ToC.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le Radis,

Which SP of CLM 10 are you implementing?

There s standard bug encountered in CLM 10 for TOC. Please check the release notes on SAP site.

You will get information regarding TOC issues.

Rgds,

Joginder

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joginder

Thanks for this. We are implementing SP08. What SP does cover this?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le Radis,

Did you get it?

Probably, macros may help.

Best Regards, Sheilla

0 Kudos

I had a similar requirement in last project.

We needed to create contract documents templates with a Table of Content, like this:

The Contract Document Template had sections and clauses pre defined, but users could remove or add clauses if need, and ToC need to update automatically.

What we did was create a blank Word Document just whit a ToC, then we included it as the only clause of a first section called Table of Content.

All Contract Documents Templates had this as first section.

In Template file of Contract Document Template we also included a file that define which Headings (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc..) should be used for ToC. We needed to include this in Template file the one that sets margins and default fonts, it not work if you set this in the ToC clause document directly.

As results the document is generated and users just need to click right button in ToC and update it.

That was not an issue, because some manual steps were always need in document, and  that could change pages of each section anyway. But, fonts and which Heading need to be considered was a great benefit.