cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy SD pricing condition with reference (same customer different Sales Org)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I kindly ask your help for verifying how to create sd pricing condition with reference  within the same customer but with a different Sales organization.

I try with a copy rule using sap standard program RV15CC07 but even if it's possible to specify Destination Sales Organizations it seems that the system doesn't consider it.

Attached the step done.

Many thanks

Angelo Gaiatto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

Probably you have attached a temporary file by mistake.

Would you please add the correct file?

The destination sales organization in the report is used merely as a selection criteria to get a relevant list for customer numbers, extended for a specific sales organization, which you can use to create condition records for the same sales organization as the source condition record.

Assuming the following situation:

You have K007 condition record for customer 96024 for sales organization 9600.

You run VK32, select the line with 96024, select the copy rule 01.

In the next screen you specify sales organization 1000.

You get a list of all customers extended for 1000.

Here you have 2 possible cases:

a) 96024 is not extended for 1000. You will not see 96024 so you cannot select it.

b) 96024 is extended for 1000. You can select it, but RV15CC07 would try to create a condition record for 9600 sales organization (which already exists, and will show a popup).

In case you have tried to set VKORG as source/destination fields and RV15CC07 as a program (I do not really know what exactly you have maintained), this most probably would not work either, because each of RV15CC* programs is created to perform a very specific task - e.g. customer to customer, customer to price group, material to material etc. For the cases where the provided programs are not sufficient for a specific company requirement, SAP provides an option to create your own program.

However, I cannot really think of a valid business case, where copying of pricing conditions across sales organizations would be needed, since sales organizations negotiate the prices with the customers as independent units.

Would you please elaborate?

Usually pricing conditions for a new organizational unit are uploaded with LSMW.

Is there any particular reason why you prefer to avoid this option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

below the right file.

The business case regards Intercompany customers actually opened in two sales org with the same price list.

Using copy rule '01' and VK11 transaction (it corresponds to RV15CC07 program) the final user should maintan only 1 price list instead of two since from a business point of view they have the same values.

I know that LSMW is used for doing activities like this but LSMW is not a final user transaction according to our policy so that it would be great if a 'standard rule' like '01' could be used for copying the price list from a customer to the same customer and different sales organization.

Many thanks

Angelo

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your screenshots confirm what I initially thought that you were doing.

Still, I believe that LSMW is the proper way to handle the situation if there are a lot of records to maintain.

The users would need to just send you the filled templates (and excel makes copying a really easy task) and you can upload them. Then they can verify the result and confirm that everything is as requested.

It is not a common scenario to authorize the same key user to maintain prices for two separate sales organizations and that both sales organizations would have the same pricing rules. This is why, I guess, such program is not available out of the box.

If the company insists that the key users should be solely responsible for pricing condition maintenance, that the pricing conditions for these two sales organizations should be kept consistent and that the process should provide some form of automation, I think that they will need a budget for an additional development.

I am not 100% sure whether VK11 is the best tool to achieve copying condition records across sales organizations, but you can show RV15CC01 to your developer and he would provide you with feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

many thanks for your reply.

I agree with your analysis.

Many thanks

Angelo

Answers (0)