Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleet management and GPS tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to have details on the below.

In managing fleets, GPS devices are used to track vehicles/trucks which are on the move. How is it possible to integrate these details from an IOT tracker device (like vehicle number, Lattitude, longitude etc) with SAP. What are those details that could be monitored and analysed using this data available from a GPS device.

Please also share the process & transactional flow in SAP.

Sakthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

3xes
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

the link is not working any more. Can you provide a new one to get information about the proof of concept? Are there new implementation concepts available?

Best regards. Alexander

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

this is not possible out-of-the-box. But it is also not very difficult to achieve this by integrating SAP TM with SAP EM and connecting SAP EM to the IOT tracker respectively a third-party service provider who provides the IOT tracker data. We can provide you some details regarding this soon. I will update this thread then to let you know.

Best regards, Daniel

former_member30558
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

With respect to Sakthi's question, I also have a customer (a bank) who are interested in our Fleet Management Solution and seeking SAP advice on a preferred GPS tracking solution 3rd party vendor for seamless integration with the SAP system. In addition, we are also positioning our Transportation Management and Event Management solutions on top of the Fleet Management solution. Please find below my questions:

- How complete is the Fleet Management solution in S/4 HANA Enterprise Management on-premise solution?

- Is the implementation of TM necessary especially since the organization involved is a bank and your typical supply chain scenario where there is delivery of goods from one location to another, the fleet assets are mainly used for operational transporation of staff and bank executives. What will be the downside of not including TM in the BOM?

- Does SAP have any preferred 3rd party GPS Tracking solution that seamlessly integrates with SAP?

- Can you please highlight the benefit of having our EM solution on top of the proposed GPS tracking solution, what do the customer really gain from this integration?.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

BR

Femi

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have done a proof of concept recently to integrate on-board unit tracking data in real-time into SAP EM and SAP TM. Please check out this document for details:

Best regards, Daniel