cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding the replication / initial load process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

in order to understand how this SLT process works, I would like you to explain a couple of things!

We wanted to perform a kind of "initialize without data transfer" (as done in BW) implementing a filter corresponding to no data.

Our configuration: SLT replicating data from ECC to a SQL Server (no in memory).

I initialized the replication for BSEG with a filter on the mandant and a “Buchung Kreis” that does not exist in our system.

Firstly, SLT Replicated 446 Records (where did it take those 446 records????)

Secondly, after having (manually) set the tables to loaded (in order to start the replication) SLT has replicated 48 Millions of records!!! There were not 48 millions of changes in SAP in 3 days...

So could you please explain me exactly how SLT works once it performed the filtered initial load??? I would like to understand how it is possible to get a table with 48 millions of records where no data is supposed to be retrieved.

In addition, when the replication method is not customized (I mean frequency of replication), how does SLT process interacts with target SQL Server? Does it constantly lock the target table disabling the read process or at least decreasing the read performances?

Thanks.

Cyril.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this note :1933605 which deals with the system copy (please refer to this link for more details:

... And there is one magic Z program embedded: ZMM_DEL_LOG_TAB ....

Does this mean that when we stop a replication to restart it later on (from scratch), SAP does not empty the logging tables?? (I have tested and it does not!).

The point is that the old info stay in the queue and are being kept even if the initial log is passed and written in the target system!

Of course the standard functions in IUUC_REMOTE and this above program do not work at all! I have no possibility to clear the logging table this is just crazy! SLT just replicates millions and millions of old records already logged!

Now I really need help to understand how I can clear the data from logging table!

Thanks.

Answers (0)