cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination for project stock delivery (for movement type 281Q)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are trying to carry out delivery for project stock (CNS0) using movement type 281Q.

We notice that there is no account modifier availalbe for this scenario resulting in error during PGI. However, we can do PGI after changing the config of account determination without account modifier.

Since working without an account modifier is not acceptable for various business reasons, we must have an account modifier defined. We are wondering why SAP has not provided a standard solution for dealing with project stock delivery.

Can any one please suggest how to deal this situation.

Thanks and warm regards,

Jagadeeesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it can be customized -

IMG --> Materials Management --> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --> Movement Types --> Copy, Change Movement Types --> Account grouping

Copy an existing entry and make the relevant changes...

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Seth,

Thanks for your response. However, your response has not replied my querry.As indicated in my query, we can do PGI after changing the config of account determination without account modifier. To add, it will also work if we create a "Z" account modifier.

Since working without an account modifier is not acceptable for various business reasons, we must have an account modifier defined. Before creating a "Z" account modifier, We are wondering why SAP has not provided a standard solution for dealing with project stock delivery.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We could find a solution for the problem. We created a new valuation class for Project stock and started using the filed "Proj. stk val." (MBEW-QKLAS) in Account view1 of material master.

This issue now stands resolved from my side.

Thanks and regards,

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have business requirement as stated below:

We need to procure materials for specific Projects but also want to track the stock for the Project by value in the invnetory. In other words, the encumbrance of the procurement needs to take place against the Project but we want to be able to take it into inventory as a valuated stock and issue to the WBS whenever it is required.

Is this possible? What we know is that as soon as we give reference of the WBS for the Procurement, it gets expensed to the Project and we cannot value manage in inventory.

The reason for this requirement is there is a long time between when the item is procured and when it is used for the project. Till such time we have to track the Project items in the inventory as any other stock but its still tagged for the project and encumbrance would need to have happened

Any ideas on how to deal with this will be appreciated

Thanks

Noornie