cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a transfer order to modify the batch or quantity?

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need your thoughts regarding this issue I have with the TO.

I have many transfer orders and by the time the next one goes to pick from a location the batch has been depleted. There may be many items on a single transfer order and I need to modify either the quantity or the batch number.

How can this be done so the TO reflects correctly what was pulled?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Could you please answer below queries:

-> When do you want to change the batch no# in TO? after creation of TO & before confirmation?

-> Whether this batch no# has been copied from preceding document i.e delivery? If this is the case, then I don't think it's possible to change the batch no# directly in the TO since it's reflected from delivery.

Thanks,
Balaji

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

TO is not yet confirmed.

Oh,ok.. so if it's from delivery I cannot change it anymore.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should make use of batch determination procedure, this ensures that you get only batches proposed which are available.

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

And how do I do that after the creation of the TO? can I change it in a way or another?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before, with batch determination in the delivery for example.

Or you turn the process and you use WM batch determination at the time of TO creation and the picked batch will then be moved to the delivery when you confirm the TO.

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

So this can be done before creating the TO.

Ok, I understand..But is this the only way to change the batch or the qty from a TO?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A TO is in general an order from the system to the warehouse people.

The warehouse people are not supposed to change anything. They either do what the order wants or they come back and report that it is not possible.

This means you can confirm a TO with a difference if less material could be picked. You can decide if the difference is left in the bin or will be posted to the difference storage type and needs then be handled like a physical inventory difference, adjusting MM stocks with LI21

But if the batch is not there to be picked then they are not allowed to just pick another batch, this TO needs to be cancelled with LT15 and a new TO has to be created with the right batch.

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jurgen for your answer!

Answers (0)