cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload an image in a Document as the 'Insert Image' icon is greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN Support,

While working on a Docment on SCN,the 'Insert Image' icon[] is greyed out and i am unable to upload an image. I have also tried recovering older versions of the document,but the issue still persists. While trying to edit older documents,i am getting the 'Insert Image' functionality. Require Assistance.

Best Regards,

Fahad Javed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There's a 1 MB total / 20 image limit to take note of.

Have you tried drag/dropping the image into place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

tried dragging and dropping the image as well,also tried the copy and paste option from the clipboard. Got the following error:

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, log out and login again.

Also, what browser are you using +  what is the URL of the content you're trying to post on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logged out and logged in again. Using 'Firefox 43.0.1'. Have also tried on 'Chrome 48.0.2564.97 m' and also on 'Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18125'. The same issue persists. Also checked out that there are 20 images in the Document. Here is the url of the document in question:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-69984

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yup: you've hit the maximum size/image number than can be added to this document.  You'll have to to create a part 2 or clean things up. 

This is also why the insert image icon on the tool bar is greyed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohh. Is there a way that we can access the directory of images uploaded in this document,where i can delete certain images to overcome the 20 image limit?.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In my experience, it's very difficult to clean-up because things stick in the cache of the previous versions.  So you have to clean, publish, try again...and it likely won't work.

You can try but don't break your head over it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

Thanks a lot for your precious time and guidance. I think i'll break it into a couple of documents to over come this,as i was not aware of the 20 image limit per document. Thanks a lot,once again.

cheers .

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No problem.  It is an annoying limitation but it does help keep documents to a manageable length. Generally, if a process requires that many screenshots, the instructions do need to be broken down into consumable parts for the users.

Answers (0)