cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA BACKINT Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been working with HANA systems(both Single Container and Multitenant) for good amount of time now and our HANA systems are on 97.03 and 102.03

As a standard we use the BACKINT configuration for backing up the Data and the log backups. I have been looking for some information on HANA Configuration parameters very specific to BACKINT such as below:

max_delete_backing_entries

max_inquire_backint_entries

I have not come across any documentation from SAP yet that explains the usage of these parameters, any suggestions that point us to the usage of these parameters would be much appreciated

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

The parameter max_delete_backint_entries

Defines the maximum number of backint backup entries for a single backint DELETE request.A value of 0 means no maximum.

Default value is 0 entries.

The parameter max_inquire_backint_entries

Defines the maximum number of backint backup entries for a single backint INQUIRE request. A value of 0 means no maximum.

Default value is 0 entries

Regards

Dermot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dermot

Could you please point me to the documentation of such parameters from SAP

Sunil

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

The parameters Dermot has described are maintained on an internal SAP source and are only view able for internal colleagues.

Thanks,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael

The parameters are on HANA PRODUCTION systems and we need to understand them to be able to set them up

Are there any options to request such documentation from SAP?

Sunil

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My only understanding of this is that the parameters are not for public viewing.

This is all I know I'm afraid.

Michael

Answers (0)