cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create asynchronous web-service service provider in ECC system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the problem is: through soamanager, can we expose a service provider as asynchronous service - meaning a request coming to the provider service in ECC system and no response goes back?

if yes, then how to create WSDL for asynchronous inbound service interface? the idea is to use this as the target SOAP WSDL in an HCI iflow.

i tried following this blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2016/01/05/hci-using-eclipse-wsdl-editor-for...

by

for asynchronous, i deleted the output part, saved the wsdl file in eclipse. then copied that wsdl to my local file system. then in ecc, in se80, in creating an enterprise service, type service provider, i used external wsdl option, then local file, then selected this wsdl file, but it is not going to the next step of wizard to create the service provider and it is giving exception - Exception occurred in library handler - Exception of class CX_PROXY_GEN_ERROR.

so how to generate asynchronous service interface WSDL to generate a service provider asynchronous web-service in ECC system? any ideas, thanks.

all helpful replies will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart,

At the end you are going to use BAPI or function module in your service provider to update the data in ECC system, so why don't you create the web service from the function module and call the web service from HCI?

Check below blog for creating the web service from the function module.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart,

Have you checked your are using all supported features: Supported Standards - ABAP Web Services - SAP Library?

Regards.