cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a SAP IdM connection to SAP HCM without EHP4 developed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm implementing SAP Identity Management 8.0 SP00 and using SAP HCM as a source. The current version of the HCM is 6.0 without any EHP. So the standard LDAPEXTRACTs are not present.

I'm afraid I'll have to develop a custom connection, but I was wandering if anyone encountered this scenario before and if you have a faster way to do this without using to a flat file.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

easiest way:

1. Let your ABAP HCM experts create a custom export table in the HCM system with all attributes you need.
  2. Configure a connection users, which is only able to read this data via RFC for security reasons. (If you need Infotype 105 backchannel, this user of course needs more permission rights.)
  3. Load the data inside IdM with a read_table function, there are plenty of examples in the ABAP initial load jobs available therefore.

With this, you do not need the VDS.

Cheers, Jannis

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jannis,

Never said VDS was required, just that it could be used for some additional security where HCM data is concerned

AS you point out there's nothing wrong with a table read. Of course moving that data could be a challenge depending on Network and firewall settings, which is why I usually bring up VDS as a proxy.

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

There could be some challenges there, but you have a few possibilities.  Please bear in mind that I am not an HCM expert so I can only give some broad ideas.

1. Does your system support IDOC or XI? I've heard of scenarios where connections were made from those systems.

2. I've been on projects where SAP HCM was not the leading system.  In this case we got the HR folks to prepare either a flat file or a database table holding the new / changed HR entries and started processing from there.

3. If it's possible to expose the tables, you could also use VDS to create an LDAP representation of the HR data, this could be configured read only and you can put some pretty good security in place to protect the data.  Additionally VDS can be configured to only expose certain attributes.

These are just a few ideas, also of course you could start a project to migrate to a later version of HCM or to Success Factors, both of which are supported by IDM 8.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Matt