Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch derivation communication structure

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone have any insight as to how to modify batch derivation communication structure KOMGR? I want to create a new derivation condition that uses MARA-MATKL as part of the access sequence, but can't find any suitable exit, etc. to get this into KOMGR. From the online help:

To create a new condition table, proceed as follows:

1. Check first that the fields contained in the field catalog are sufficient for your requirements.

To determine receiving batches, you can choose only fields with the data of the receiving batch, as the data of the sending batch(es) has not yet been filled out at this point.

If you want to use a field that is not contained in the standard system, you have to include it in the field catalog. You can only include fields that are contained in the structure KOMGR.

All thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not my greatest area of expertise.

But if I was doing this I'd see if my developers can create two append structures.

KOMGR has two include append structures, KOMKR and KOMPR.

Add one new append structure to KOMKR (recievers) structure and one to KOMPR (senders) structure.  In the new append structures, create a field R_MATKL in the one and S_MATKL in the other.  You should be able to use the field R_MATNR and S_MATNR as examples for creating these new fields.

Once these append structures are added, you should then see the new field in the KOMGR structure under the respective sections.

If you study these three structures in SE11 (View: KOMGR or KOMKR or KOMPR), I think you'll be able to see how these work together.

Now when you go into config and execute the steps

"Conditions: Allowed Fields (Sender Search)"

"Conditions: Allowed Fields (Recipient Search)"

you should be able to add R_MATKL and S_MATKL as allowed fields.  Once you do that, you then should be able to create your new custom condition table and add it into your sequences.

Note for future readers of this:  Adding the MATKL field in the above discussion question shouldn't be a problem as only one value could ever be returned from MARA.  Not just any field can be added since it could result in ambugities in the conditions.  You must have a good understanding of the fields you intend to add.

Craig

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Craig, appreciate the guidance. I'll dig into it & update this with findings.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Could you please confirm if it's working