cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 740 Missing Scroll Bar in T-Code /SAPAPO/SDP94

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a few users facing an issue with their newly installed SAPGUI 740 (7400.1.4.1107). When logging into our APO system and going to transaction code /SAPAPO/SDP94, they are unable to see the scroll bars with the SAP Signature Theme and default font 11. Within this theme, you have to change the font to 9 to see the scroll bars. This is a bit too small to read and is not a viable solution. Otherwise, switching to themes Enjoy, System Dependent, Streamline or Tradeshow with default font 11 seems to allow users to see the scroll bars. All other themes with font set to 11, does not show scroll bars. Has anyone encountered this issue before? If so, what did you do to fix the issue?

We have tried un-installing SAPGUI and re-installing with no success on resolving issue. We have had users who do not have this issue on their computers log into problem computer and SAPGUI, and they encounter the same scroll bar issue. If a problem user logs into a user's computer and SAPGUI that does not have the issue, the problem user is able to see the scroll bars and issue does not exist. This would indicate the issue is not related to SAP authorizations but rather configuration on the specific computer or SAPGUI installation. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member463639
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I´m wondering if anybody actually reported the incident to SAP. The issue still persists in version 7400.3.8.1123 and it is reproducible with windows 10 and windows 8. In my opinion, this is an issue of SAPGUI no matter a Windows setting is related, because I´ve tried to reproduce the behaviour with SAPGUI 7.30 support package 2 and the issue is not happening. By the way, as far as I know, this issue is happening with Corbu theme. If you set the Enjoy theme, the scrollbars are visible no matter the DPI setting is set to 125%.

Best regards,

Isai.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you test with patch 9? It's always advised to test with the most recent patch before asking for support.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isai,

I have had an incident open with SAP for months. They were able to replicate the issue and have escalated the incident to a few different development groups. The last update I was provided is the fix for this is still being implemented and may take some time to complete as there are multiple modules involved.

As a workaround, you can have a user switch their DPI to 100% although it may be quite small font. A better workaround is to have the user change their SAPGUI theme to Enjoy, System Dependent, Streamline or Tradeshow. The scrollbars appear to work for these specific themes.

I will provide an update on here once a permanent solution is generated by SAP.

Thank you,

Teri Conner

former_member463639
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Teri,

Thank you for your answer. I remember that the last year I followed an GUI incident and it took about 6 to 8 months. And they didn´t release the corrections immediately, but they waited until the next support package release. But if you already have an incident running, it would be very helpful; I guess we´ll get the correction sooner or later.

Both workaround options work indeed, so we will keep it in Enjoy until we get some news.

If you don´t mind, I would appreciate if you let us know which package would contain the solution. Afterwards we can distribute this version. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Isai Roman.

former_member463639
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

Not really; I wasn´t aware that version 9 is already available. But I guess we can wait a little bit until Teri gets an answer from SAP. Thank you!

Regards,

Isai.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Teri,

If all users are using the same patchlevel for the SAPgui, then it is a configuration issue somewhere with the PC. - This is not something we can work with from our side.

Have you tried updating the affected user's gui to 7.40 patch 7?

What was the result?

Regards.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

I have patched SAPGUI to 7400.2.7.1112, and the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Teri

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Then this is not a SAPgui issue.

Is the display resolution set the same on each machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

Thank you for your assistance. You are correct, it was not a SAPgui issue. The default DPI for my PC is 125% instead of 100%. Once this was changed to 100%, the issue was resolved.

Regards,

Teri

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That's good to hear.

Glad you managed to solve the issue.

Have a good day
Jude