cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Screening - Question on /sapsll/tcomca (Control Structure for Address - Assign Address field) Config Step

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm struggling to understand the significance of the entries in /sapsll/tcomca. I had  thought only those part of the bp address assigned would be considered for screening but it looks like that is not the case...

We have configured SPL to screen on the name, street, city and country ( in the step control structure for address -> detail control step )

in the subsequent step (assign address field) we selected the fields NAME1, NAME2, STREET, CITY1 and COUNTRY elements from ADRC, (but not the NAME_CO or NAME3.)

For the Name to match we have set the minimum similarity 'Originating Feature' to 60% and the Base Value to 'Number of terms in each SPL List Name or Partner Name;.

The problem is when we generate the search terms for the BP it also includes any entries in NAME_CO or NAME3 in Index Type N1, and this results in the BP Divisor being 4 instead of 1.

Example (from BP - ADRC):

NAME1: NUDT

NAME_CO : John Smith

NAME 3:  Division

The corresponding SPL entry we should be matching against is 'National University of Defense Technology (NUDT)' which has 5 search terms after ignoring the of.

When we compare the BP Search term match against the SPL, we get one hit (NUDT) against the 5 SPL Terms, so it's 20% therefore not a hit (<60%)

When we compare the SPL Search terms against the BP we also get one hit against 4 terms, so it's 25% also  not a hit. (<60%).

Other than writing a custom program to remove the NAME_CO and NAME3 Search terms from the /sapsll/adrcmp table or some other custom intervention , does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this thru configuration etc.

thanks!

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

my 2 cents, SPL config setup is done only after performing analysis of how the data is/will be entered already. If the business partner data is being entered in Name 3 and Name_CO, the system always will be creating search terms for the BP by including every data entered under the overall Name field (looks for Name, Name1, Name 2, Name 3 and Name_CO). GTS being just a receiver of master data, in this case the better option rather than introducing a custom code of any kind would be to assess if you want to stop populating the data in Name 3 and Name_CO fields in the source system.

I don't think the config provided flexibility for ignoring any fields.

Hope this helps!

-Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

please try to reset the customizing buffer before generatig the search terms:

Do it for your comparison procedure and also for the legal regulation of your SPL screening although it is named "customizing for legal control".

When you generate the search terms afterwards please mark "all partner addresses":

In general I would highly recommend using TREX for the SPL screening.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Pascal