cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting additional processes during system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When during a system copy you notice that there are free hardware resources available it is useful to start additional R3load processes to make a better use of available resources.

I think is safe to launch R3load processes from the command line using the proper command with R3load and command file, but while importing I suppose restrictions apply and certain packages may have dependencies on other packages.

What should be the proper way to start such additional processes? As far as I know SWPM has no such option and Distribution Monitor is aimed at handling additional servers rather than to maximize the use of a single one.

I have checked the system copy documentation and TADM70 manual and I haven't found any clue.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

José

PS: I am copying an ECC 6.0 EhP5 (NW 7.1) on Oracle 11g on Oracle Linux 6 using SWPM 1.0 SP09 PL08, but it is a general question for any system copy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

You can increase the R3Load process during a runtime of import.

You need to change the parameter jobNum in import_monitor_cmd.properties during import of the system.

In the same way you can do it for the export activity as well.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your swift answer Ashutosh.

jobNum is indeed described in TADM70, but thought it as a static paramter.

Do you know how long does it take for the control program to start additional processes once the parameter has changed?

Thank you again.

Best regards

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

It will become effective only after completing the current package loading.

Suppose you have changed the value when package1 is running.

As soon as the package1 completed , the parameter will become effective from the next package.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your answer Ashutosh,

I was finally able to check the behaviour by editing import_monitor_cmd.properties in a real System Copy:

Best regards

Answers (0)