Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content of ESR not Available in Dialog to Create a Service Consumer

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

since a few days I am working with WebServices and now I have an interesting phenomenon. I want to create a new Service Consumer via SE80, so I choose the menu Create > Enterprise Service and the following steps:

But there are no services visible resp. available.

The services are generated well and correctly activated in the ESR.

SLDCHECK is green and nothing seems to be wrong in the definition or any connection.

14 days ago I can see all service interfaces but suddenly they are gone - I can't find any service interface anymore.

Is there a configuration to disable it? How can I analyze the reasons of this behaviour?

Thanks for tips and hints.

Cheers

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Specifically, the destination related to ESR is SAP_PROXY_ESR as shown below.

From your screenshots, it does look like the wizard is able to connect to the ESR content, so it is quite weird that the activate interface is not there. As such the only other things I can think of to check are:-

- check that the target host is configured to the correct PI system

- check and refresh cache on PI system

Rgds

Eng Swee

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eng Swee,

thanks for your reply and your suggestions. You are right, the wizard connects the ESR but don't view the activated interfaces. As you see above the connection test is alright.

I will give your suggestions to our PI administrator to check it. As soon as I have an answer I will post the results here.

Further suggestions or similar experiences are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Stefan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Noticed that the target host field is blank in the SM59 entry. That's weird. Which host is it connecting to, localhost?

Are you trying to develop the proxy in ECC or PI ABAP stack?

Rgds

Eng Swee

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eng Swee,

thanks for your attention. The field isn't empty, I masked the field Target Host with another empty field. It seems better for the future to use a black bar like you, it shows clear that a content exists and that the content is explicitly masked.

Belated realized...

The development I tried in an ECC ABAP stack (EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0).

Cheers

Stefan

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Can you able to view these interfaces when you open SPROXY transaction?

Check these two notes may be helpful for your investigation.

1951130 - XI runtime: Typical problems in receiver proxy system

1952772 - XI runtime: Typical problems in sender proxy system

Regards,

Praveen.

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

thanks for your reply and your suggestions.

Yes, the service interfaces are visible in the TAC SPROXY.

Thanks for the hint to the OSS notes - they are very extensive.

Cheers

Stefan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like the proxy for those interfaces are already generated. Maybe that's why it's not available in the wizard.

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eng Swee,

as far as I understand you correct, it is only a single time possible to create a service consumer. If I want to create two service consumers in different packages which uses the same service interface definition from the ESR, so that is not possible?

Cheers

Stefan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Unfortunately, that is not possible. Once you generate the proxy for the service interface, it will be assigned to whichever package you choose at that point, and you cannot generate another copy of that.

I tried going through the SE80 wizard and it also will not show any service interfaces that have already been generated in my system.

By the way, in general, if you want to generate provider/consumer proxy based on ESR definition, I'd generally go directly to SPROXY, find the service interface under the appropriate SWCV, right click and generate.

Rgds

Eng Swee

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eng Swee,

thank your very much, you light up my mind.

Cheers

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

In SM59 check for the ESR connection and do a connection test.

Might be username/password or someother setting would have been changed.

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

thanks for your reply and your suggestion. I check it but the connection test is ok.

Cheers

Stefan