cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location control at goods receipt (inbound delivery)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our procured direct materials are all goods receipted per inbound delivery (IBD).

After packing the IBD, TOs are generated and GR is executed automatically after last TO confirmation.

This process is working perfectly.

Now we have the need for a part of these materials to physically store them in the warehouse at physical GR, but not have them available for replenishment until actual GR. My opinion is that storage location control at the warehouse should be the answer. Therefore I made following settings:

Plant:

PL01

Storage locations:

SL01 - Normal GR & SL02 - temporary storage

Warehouse:

WH1 with SL01 and SL02 assigned

Storage types:

902 - existing process & 903 - new process (copy from 902) and Z01 - final destination

WM movement types:

101 (src = 902 / ReqTp = B PO / manual TO not allowed / GR data in quant) & 901 (copy of 101 with src = 903)

Stor loc ref:

SD - existing process & AD - new process

Control of assignment Plant/Stor loc - Whse:

PL01 - SL01 - WH1 - Standard SL - SD

PL01 - SL02 - WH1 - SL not in TR - AD

Stor loc control in WM:

WH01 - 903 - PL01 - SL02 - 311 (also tried with 309) - combine posting changes

LE-WM interface to MM

Whse - Ref Mvmt T - SpSTInd - Movement Ind - SpStInd - SpMvInd - SL Ref - Mvmt T - TR create TR - All following fields

WH01 -      101        -               -        B            -              -               -    AD   -    901    -         X           -        blank

WH01 -      101        -               -        B            -              -               -    SD   -    101    -         X           -        blank

I changed the receiving stor loc in the scheduling agreement to SL02.

Creation of IBD for 840 PC with subsequent TO shows in LS24:

PL01 - SL02 - 903 - Pick Q 840 - Av St -840

PL01 - SL02 - Z01 - Ptaw St 840 - Av St 0

If I check the SAP help for "Define Storage Location Control" - Scenario 3 - Example 1 I would expect a TR without stor loc to be created as well for which stor loc becomes SL01 during conversion to TO. Unfortunately no TR is triggered.

After above TO confirmation the situation is:

PL01 - SL02 - 903 - Av St -840

PL01 - SL02 - Z01 - Av St 840

which means the stock is unavailable for replenishment (=ok), but there seems no way that LQ01 can be run so finally the material can be moved to SL01 and GR can be posted.

Do I misinterpret the SAP help or is something missing in my customizing?

Unmarking "combine posting changes" is not an option as we need to have manual control over when goods come available for replenishment.

Best regards

Geert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geert,

Could you please confirm whether you have checked the following documentation which helps to understand on how 'Storage Location Control' works and scenarios:

SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Interfaces -> Inventory Management -> Define Storage Location Control

Please click on 'IMG activity documentation' with Icon which explains certain scenarios where this customization would be used.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your input!

Yes, I have read that documentation.

In fact this was the trigger to try this solution in the first place.

Yesterday I found out that this only works when you do a MIGO of the inbound delivery first.

A TR is created with storage location empty and a positive quant is created in my interim storage type 903 for stor loc SL02 as perfectly described by the SAP implementation documentation.

When you try to create the TO, the storage location is set to SL01 (= OK).

However the system throws an error message "037 - Storage type 903 does not allow negative stock figures". I have checked the storage type and the "Allow negative values" button is ticked.

Any idea how to work around this issue?

Best regards

Geert

Former Member
0 Kudos

After debugging it seems T331-NEGAT is unmarked when LTAP-FHUTA (=HU item) is not initial.

Now I have changed my SL02 storage location to HU managed which has as a consequence I can no longer post a goods receipt in MM first (which is our intention in the normal procedure).

This leaves me with the need to do a posting change at the end of the process.

I don't see any way to automate this posting change, because you have to provide HU/SU number via VLMOVE or HU02.

Anyone tried to automate this before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will try to deploy a user exit at goods receipt in which we will simulate a MB1B 311.

The resulting delivery will be automatically converted in a TO (LT03) with automatic confirmation.

Answers (0)