cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"QUALITAET" Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am currently in training in my super-user role. I have seen a material recently been put into "Qualitaet" location on SAP.

What is this location and what is it used for.

I was told its similar to a U-Zone. I understand the concept of a U-Zone but don't understand where or why "Qualitaet" is used.

Is it a "Temporary" location between issuing the material and moving it to its new location. If any examples could be provided where its used it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but "Qualitaet" is German for Quality.  (At least according to Google translate).

In which case I'm assuming this means quality stock which is where stock can be posted while undergoing inspection.

Since U-ZONE is a WM object, it is possible that Qualitaet is a WM object as well.  I've usually seen that in WM as "Q" stock since the stock category in WM is "Q".

Personally, I think someone is simply using the german word for quality.

It could also be that in their example or process they have established a separate quarantine area in the warehouse where all material subject to inspecttion stays until it has been inspected, tested and approved by quality.  It might be one bin or location they've called qualitaet.

Craig

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Craig S wrote:

Not sure but "Qualitaet" is German for Quality.  (At least according to Google translate).

(...)

You (and Google) are right! Although in times of Unicode we now would write it "Qualität"

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, in QM, stock awaiting inspection is in "Q" Status. It is then moved to "Unrestricted" upon successful inspection. I assume "Qualitaet" is a virtual location where product is moved to between inspection and issuance.

Thanks again