SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMCN & FMCT / FMN0 ROLLBACK

gabriel_russo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

I have finished a proyect where we reassigned a new functional area to all documents (MM, FI and FM) using transactions FMCN, FMCT and FMN0.

Now I am required to determine a Roll Back procedure. I have tried to run the transactions using the old Functional Area as a default value. However, in most FI documents I keep getting an error mesage: "NO COMPLETE FM ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT". Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by 'roll back'? Setting FM assignment to blank again? You won't be able to do so...

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by 'roll back'? Setting FM assignment to blank again? You won't be able to do so...

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Not blank. But to the old functional area which I have captured in a Z table during the reassigment process. The original reassigment is made through the FMDERIVE table, migrating all MM, FI and FM document from the actual functional area to a new one. The client wants to have a procedure to put the old functional area back as it was in each document. Since using FMDERIVE for both directions is too complicated, I have been trying to overide the new functional area by placing the old one in the field "Functional Area by Default" in the FMCN transaction. I does work for some FI documents but for most of them I keep getting the above mentioned error message.

PS: Ironically, when I turn the rules for the new functional area off, the document comes out with a blank functional area despite there's a value in the default. If only that would be what I needed, but is not. 

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe, you'd have to use FMDERIVE... You can create two rules for different derivation logics of the same object (say, functional area) and activate/deactivate them according to your needs in FMDERIVE.

0 Kudos

Yes, that is exactly what I wil do. I was hopping to solve this issue in a more directly manner, but reverse rules seems to be the right way. Just for my ownn knowledge, what's the functionality of the "default values" in transaction FMCN, it does not seem to overwrite the FMDERIVE.

Thanks again for your unvaluable help.