Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter ID does not exist

oktay_simsek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating an IDM role which includes different roles from 3 different ABAP systems.

When I create a user with this IDM role then the user is created in three of the systems.

I want to assign a parameter as well when I create a user. The parameter exist only in one system. The user is created successfully in the system where the parameter exists, however in the other systems I get error; 'com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: Parameter ID does not exist'.

Is there a way to skip assigning parameter ID if it does't exist in a system and continue to create the user in the system?

Thank you very much for your help. 

Warm regards

Oktay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Oktay,

have you considered assigning the parameter in a second step after creating of the account? I like to use conditional tasks for this. Check via SQL statement the repository and if it's the one where the parameter exists than do the parameter assignment, else skip the step.

Another way would be to create a script (used in the "CreateABAPUser pass in the destination tab) that checks the repository and if it's the right one give the parameter. Else leave the value empty.

Regards,

Steffi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oktay,

Our SAP implementation was heavily around use of Parameters. So we created separate custom  CreateABAPUser task for each repository that needs special parameter maintenance. This way customizations are easy and atomic.

Kind regards,

Jai