cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager EWA setup for Clustered BO nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have managed to struggle and set up EWA for a BO test environment.

I now have to implement it on my production servers, its a clustered environment with 2 nodes.

Diagnostics and SAP host agents have been installed on both the nodes.

But I am still unclear and have failed miserably in finding the right document, I want a single EWA report which will show me data from both the servers,

Also while doing the managed setup I am not sure how to do it for clustered nodes.

Can someone please throw some light in the swamp!

Thanks a ton!!!!

Tania

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

In which part are you struggling, exactly? Can you please provide details of the cluster? Since both the hosts/nodes will be associated with the same system in the Solution Manager LMDB, the EWA will contain both of them.

If this is a high availability environment, then you have to use agents on-the-fly.

But to start from the beginning:

1) Check this wiki: Maintenance of Product in the System Landscape - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki . There is a specific part for BO, it provides information on how to register the system in the SLD, how to define it in the LMDB and the details about the managed system configuration.

2) If you need information on how to use agents on-the-fly, check this wiki: Diagnostics Agent and HA Support - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki .

3) Also, if there's data missing in the EWA or Workload Analysis for the BOE, there's a troubleshooting wiki as well: Diagnostics Configuration Troubleshooting for BOE 4.X - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki .

Let me know if you have any specific question.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

My confusion is , I have two BO production servers which are clustered.

So I install the Diagnostic tools on both the servers along with host agents, all are green in the agent admin.

Now I goto the LMDB screen to start with the managed setup, Under BO cluster I don't see the BO servers ( which should ideally be present) but I do see both the BO server names under the host names in the lmdb. So how do I go ahead now? I don't want to manually create the technical system as I expect it to be automatically reflecting which is probably not happening in my case,

I had previously installed the DA on the EM server and I was able to see the EM server under the Standalone EM server option in LMDB.

Thanks,

Tania

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tania