cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble uninstalling SQL Anywhere 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Team,

I just chatted with a customer who is trying to uninstall SQL Anywhere 11. Aside from the normal Control Panel + Add/Remove Program procedure, there is still a lingering "patch" that he cannot remove separately. All he wants to do is uninstall so he can upgrade to Anywhere 16. The error message he gets is: "This patch could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor".

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Valerie Cadag

Inbound Customer Care

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

Your customer can install SQL Anywhere 16 without waiting for the SQL Anywhere 11 uninstallation to be completed. The two products can coexist on the same computer.

former_member182948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Valerie,

Probably, There is corruption within the installer database for the SQL Anywhere.

Try to repair the installer database, using the Microsoft Fix it tool "Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled".

Hopefully afterwards you will be able to uninstall the SQL Anywhere.

However, this tool doesn't uninstall the SQL Anywhere.

After having repaired the installer database with the tool, you have to uninstall the SQL Anywhere.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Koichi! I have informed the customer and they have yet to reply back to me to confirm anything has worked.

former_member186998
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valerie,

I think that SQL Anywhere 11 uninstallation fails.
The garbage files seem to be left.

I recommend that you reinstall SQL Anywhere 11. And, please uninstall SQL Anywhere 11 again.

Thanks,

Atsushi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Atsushi! I've informed the customer.